Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 15min of Disco Q&A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, bored.
Let's try something.
Ever since I began the 4.87 Let'splay/guide/tutorial/thing project, the 15min have turned into something more of a vlog, rather than what they used to be.

Might as well make the most of it.

Ask your questions, give your suggestions, critisisms and have me give my answers on the next 15min video 8|

Obviously, I will reserve the right not to answer to a question, but to be fair to the person who asked it, I will address to why I would not want to answer it.

Take the chance to help me make my videos a bit more interesting than they are now, give feedback, ask questions and so on.

Unrelated posts will be removed.

EDIT: On a related note, the channel subscription is nearing 200 people. Considering most videos there are Discovery related, it is nice to know they are being actually watched. Yay.
Questions: 0
Critisisms:0
Suggestions: Make more vids, they are fun to watch, and you could learn a new thing sometimes. Smile
Hi Spazzy!

If you want to help people, you could answer these most basic questions that make newbies end frustrated:

> Basic loadout of a .87 ship:
+ UAU8 (generally the huge importance of armor)
+ enhanced Deep scanner
+ enhanced thruster
+ train/mosq CD... depending on the job
+ Nuke/Screamer... depending on the job

Also something I have been explaining for.... 3 years: "MINING NOT WURKING!!!"

> How to set up a mining ship
+ mining faction ID
+ mining faction IFF
+ mining vessel
+ mining lasers
+ be in the mining zone (see mining map)
+ shoot small, floating rocks with mining lasers on

You could also go for the more controversial topics:
> How to be a good pirate?
> How to be pirated well?

My only suggestion: Don't break rules in them. You might not see it, but I bet many people see you as an authority and kind of a "role model" because of these vids.

Feedback: I enjoy 15 minutes of Disco and watch it regularly.
I covered some of those things in the first two episodes of that let'splay thing I am doing. Will do a proper tutorial on mining later on and am currently working on the episode showing off what disco adds in terms of ship types and equipment and such.

Piracy is a work in progress as well, tho it was more motivated towards the pirate rather the piratee. Will consider that.

As for the rule breaking, I suppose you are referring to my latest sanction. Yeah, I fraked up. Np, made sure not to pull that off again.

EDIT: Wait..I just basically did what I was supposed to do in the video :| Okay, I won't comment on the comments anymore. Mad.
:< Guiz, srs...I srs...
I haven't watched any of your stuff but I just subbed to see what you actually pump out. Hello.
You could throw out all the dogfighting tricks you know. Need those.
Also all cap ship help is good help. Uhh.. You could throw out some trade routes.
Mining tutorials like said above. Uhm, then you could showcase some ships and systems.
Point out the swag pack to people..
Look, I don't know. Work your magic damn it.