Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Bastilled: (X-15)-Don.Reco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(X-15)-Don.Reco has been bastilled for:

Quote:Server Rule 1.6 Metagaming* and/or powergaming** to gain a roleplay benefit for factions, groups or individuals

Consequences: From what we've read on the server logs and from what others have submitted, it is clear that you have little knowledge of Outcast lore, and even less knowledge of how to role play.

For example, Outcasts actually welcome smugglers bringing in Cardimine. They do not pirate them.

When you see a ship named "aerelm", it is not [Admin]Aerelm. It is a player just like everyone else. You should not be treating him as an Admin in game.

You do not tell everyone while flying your Outcast Dread, that you have an LNS ship.

Also, related to that, you do not threaten players while on your Outcast Dread, that you will be especially out for them with your LNS ship.

You do not tell everyone that you are parking your Outcast Dread in order to log your LNS ship to camp a jump hole in order to catch the smuggler you're currently dealing with.

These two characters should have no knowledge of what each of them do. That is metagaming at it's finest.

Worse than all of this, is your inability to accept helpful advice from others when it's offered. A little humility would help you much.

Your Outcast Dreadnought is Bastilled. You will post here explaining what you've learned and how your rp will change for the positive going forward.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=107952

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
Ok, I got it.

Metagaming is bad.And will trigger sanctions.This is what I have learned.

Now, don't get me wrong for the next part. Maybe you tried to tell something else, but your words imply that metagaming cannot be stopped if the one who uses it does it smart, simply by not telling what he will do.

I mean, if I would have not told that guy, Economical.Shopper, that I would log a LNS ship and camp that jump hole...nobody would have known it. So, there is no metagame if there is no proof ?

Should I have learned this also?

As for the RP part. I have already used it. Ask Economical.Shopper. I have told him that I have read the Laws and he was right. Outcasts should not ask cargo or fees from Cardamine and/or Slave traders.

So this is how I will RP as an Outcast.Following and applying our Laws.
(12-03-2013, 11:47 AM)Don Reco Wrote: [ -> ]Now, don't get me wrong for the next part. Maybe you tried to tell something else, but your words imply that metagaming cannot be stopped if the one who uses it does it smart, simply by not telling what he will do.

The admins cannot stop anyone from breaking a rule should they choose to do so. All we can do is levy the sanction should there be a server violation. That being said, if all you got from this was that it is ok to metagame, just don't get caught, then I may as well just delete your ship right now. Metagaming is not allowed, period!
(12-04-2013, 12:06 AM)Garrett_Jax Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2013, 11:47 AM)Don Reco Wrote: [ -> ]Now, don't get me wrong for the next part. Maybe you tried to tell something else, but your words imply that metagaming cannot be stopped if the one who uses it does it smart, simply by not telling what he will do.

The admins cannot stop anyone from breaking a rule should they choose to do so. All we can do is levy the sanction should there be a server violation. That being said, if all you got from this was that it is ok to metagame, just don't get caught, then I may as well just delete your ship right now. Metagaming is not allowed, period!

No, this is not I had learned. I had already told you that I have learned that metagaming is bad and will trigger sanctions.

The rest was a hypothetical situation, where I had merely asked a question, granted, a stupid one, but it was a question, not a statement.

I have made a mistake and I have learned from that mistake. After carefully reading the Outcasts Laws, I realized that I was clearly out of my RP. This will not happened again.

This will be reflected on all my characters, not only the Outcast one.

I know that this is not my first mistake, but I hope to be the last. Please consider the release of my ship from Bastille.

I apologize to everyone directly and indirectly involved in this.

Thank you very much.
(12-04-2013, 11:00 AM)Don Reco Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2013, 12:06 AM)Garrett_Jax Wrote: [ -> ]

No, this is not I had learned. I had already told you that I have learned that metagaming is bad and will trigger sanctions.

The rest was a hypothetical situation, where I had merely asked a question, granted, a stupid one, but it was a question, not a statement.

I have made a mistake and I have learned from that mistake. After carefully reading the Outcasts Laws, I realized that I was clearly out of my RP. This will not happened again.

This will be reflected on all my characters, not only the Outcast one.

I know that this is not my first mistake, but I hope to be the last. Please consider the release of my ship from Bastille.

I apologize to everyone directly and indirectly involved in this.

Thank you very much.

I appreciate your words and I accept your apology. Ship released. Have fun.
Thank you.