Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Templar vs Guardian vs Wraith?!?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since I'm a nub at flstat and the wiki isn't ready for 4.87 I want to ask which is better for PVP in this version of the mod (with the same guns, Flashpoints).

- Templar?
- Guardian?
- Wraith?

Bonus question: Can you use Codename guns on Missile Launcher slot (Class 10)?
Templar>Guardian>Wraith
But it's only my opinion

And yes, you can use codenames instead of missile
All 3 are awesome ships. I really like the Templar though, I use mine with 4 Claymores and 2 MK II Debs. For Wraith, I have 4 Archangels and 1 Shield Missile, Paralyzer I think. As for Guardian, I used shotgun, Caliburs and Magmas and MR. But then again, I think all 3 ships can be used as shotguns.
3 archangels+2defilers Wraith ftw.
Guardian used to be really nice. Now, the wisest of men that are the balance devs have decided to repeatedly nerf its responsiveness for no apparent reason, so it's not as cool anymore.

Templar's probably the best option out of those 3, although I'd imagine a properly flown Wraith would be a pain to handle in one (because, you know, slow ship versus fast ship).
You've basically listed 3 whole different ship, asking which is "better". That's not an accurate question and you shouldn't expect an accurate answer as each of those ships require their own individual flying style, and so, each are "better" for their own style. For a standard all-rounder though, I'd suggest going with Guardian since when it comes to suiting different styles, Guardian offers a bit more (or easier to achieve, so to say) versatility than the other two.
Ironically the one you did not list is probably the fastest and most difficult to hit of them all. (Chimaera)

It is really hard to compare the ships, like aerelm said... but a laser guardian will get just about every job done. Wraiths, not sure if they excel at anything specific anymore though.
I don't really like any of the mentioned ones, though I suppose Wraith or Templar will do best depending on what you like (fast turner or tank).

If you're asking for the most powerful overall ships go for Rapier or Blossom.
It's because I want a BHG ID and I find the Manta's paper hull along with its shape impossible for me to work with. I do better in a Collector.

I have a laser Rapier and I like it, I'm looking for something similar to work the lawful side of things.

That must be the Guardian then, correct? The Wraith is out of the picture because the nerf is too heavy.
(12-03-2013, 03:07 PM)kikatsu Wrote: [ -> ]Ironically the one you did not list is probably the fastest and most difficult to hit of them all. (Chimaera)

There's really nothing fast about a Chimaera. It's just ridiculously tiny. Anyways, that's something supposed to be 'fixed' in the next update.

If you just want to fly something overpowered, go by Tachyon's suggestions. Both the Blossom and Rapiers are leagues ahead of the majority of VHFs.

(12-03-2013, 05:08 PM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]I have a laser Rapier and I like it, I'm looking for something similar to work the lawful side of things.

There isn't anything similar to that, really. The Odin is probably the Rapier's closest cousin, but is inferior in pretty much every way at the same time (not that the Odin is bad, mind you). The Guardian will feel incredibly slow compared to a Rapier, and is quite a bit easier to hit.

(12-03-2013, 05:08 PM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]It's because I want a BHG ID and I find the Manta's paper hull along with its shape impossible for me to work with. I do better in a Collector.

From what little I have seen of the Collector, it is sized almost like a Kusari fighter with very high stats, offset by a very low max steering rate. The perfect "brute force" ship. No wonder you'd like it. I haven't tried it myself, mind you. Just from what I've seen and heard from others.

I do think you'll find a Manta generally better than the current incarnation of the Guardian.
Pages: 1 2