Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Colonial Shipline - Lets review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so since no one brought this up yet, I'm going to do it.

First off, the Zephyr Mk II, thank you for replacing the flying Kronos brick. It really helps..

Actually, no, it didn't help. The new Zephyr needs to be looked at very closely. As a Carrier it should be a support ship, but now it barely competes with anything. It's too slow to dodge fire, too flat to dodge fire, has such low armor that it can't be a tank. It can be classified as the most hopeless capital vessel Discovery has to offer. It lacks the Secondary weapon slots to be even able to defend it's self from bombers, which often more than not, it faces. The Power core lacks the ability to maintain the energy that Colonial weapons need, and even then, lacks the coverage to use Secondaries and Primaries. It can't dodge Novas, and if I were to put on four flaks, it'd probably drain it to a quarter/half core.

This thing needs a major tune up to compete with what's happening with GRN/Outcasts stuff.

The Pytho bomber.

This. This thing is utterly useless. It can't dodge, it can't support firing a SNAC (barely, but the core regen suggests it needs a buff), it has two gun mounts, and two turret mounts, which it can barely fire. It's also another brick, which compared to it's size, it should be a medium bomber. That thing needs some work. ( New model, gun hard point or just a buff.)

And seriously, why does this thing have a spoiler!? It doesn't make it go any faster, there's no drag in space. Big target is what that spoiler is.

What were the Colonials even thinking when building flat things? Those two above are generally useless on and off the field, and a bit of Balance/model reworking might be necessary. Just general thoughts.
The Nyx on the other hand is back to being one of the best VHFs in the mod.

I have little experience with the Zephyr. I doubt it's the worst thing out there. No such thing as "too flat to dodge".

The Pytho's core and weaponry is amazingly... normal. Very few bombers fire more than 4 guns forward. The core is either light or medium - either can fire SNACs fine.
completely agree with vendetta CR carrier is the most lousy cap ship. It is named carrier but what about Guns,armour and power core that a carrier have ??most carriers like Libi Carrier,Rheindland carrier have so many gun points like 27 incase of libi carrier plus their power core is very very huge so please buff the zephr carrier to standard like other carriers. It looks stupid to have a ship named carrier without any carrier features in it and increase gun points to atleast 20 and give a carrier like armour and power core.

Currently this thing is Utterly USELESS against Gallic Valors or even against any other cap ship.Valor can eat this thing up in no time.

Also agree that Phytho needs to be buffed to a heavy bomber standard but please don't remove SPOILER.Phytho looks HOT with that spoiler.I wont fly it without that awsome spoiler...SmileWink

I know many of you will say "No need to change anything "and "It is good as it is" so this means you are either a member of faction opposing CR who doesnt want their ships buffed or someone who thinks noone flies this craptastic ships anyway then why to buff them ? but let me tell you this, if you think there's no CR players around you flying these carriers,you are wrong.These days there are more CR official,unofficial and indies flying around in war-torn systems flying threse mighty Republic ships than you think.
(12-04-2013, 01:26 AM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so since no one brought this up yet, I'm going to do it.

First off, the Zephyr Mk II, [...]
Been there. Done that.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1410540

Wasn't paid any attention to as it seems... :|

Same with other issues about battleships and (some) cruisers.
Doesn't Zeph have 4.85 model now? I remember it as a quite small ship.
(12-04-2013, 12:52 PM)Sava Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't Zeph have 4.85 model now? I remember it as a quite small ship.

The size was actually doubled from the original one to compensate for it being a carrier instead of a battlecruiser.
In .85 it also had weaker hull and a light BS core. Now it's medium. And it's a damn carrier.
It has been this big since at least .85...
And while it might be rather short, it is still quite wide. Lengthwise I remember it being somewhere between the Bret BS and the Liberty BS, but due to width it blows both of those away in overall size, yet it has lower armor than both. See the post I made, it mentions what can and should be improved to make it more competitive among its class. I think it only having two heavy turrets already puts it at enough disadvantage as a Carrier.

But as I said, see my post. I think it has "everything".

EDIT: If my memory serves me right it is about twice as wide as the LN Dread, giving it a very larg surface area from above and below. Heightwise is was about equal, maybe a little bit less. Can't check exactly right now, only going by memory. Still, its stats would only be fitting for a light BS of a much smaller size.
In regards to the Zephyr, i can't comment too much, as i'm no expert in capitals, but from what i could see myself - it's not that bad. It could use some tweaking, true, but it's situation probably isn't the worst.

The pytho is also relatively fine. I agree that it's agility is quite bad, considering it has the stats of a Light-Medium Bomber, so that could be worked on. Or of course, it could alternatively get a slight stats buff. Even so, it doesn't need too much of a bonus, if at all.

P.S.: although i am part of the official CR| faction, i am here merely to express my personal point of view, not the faction's.
The Pytho performs incredibly badly in reality. Stat-wise it looks okay, but it is so easy to hit. If even I find it easy to 2.0 the Pytho relatively reliably... it must be really easy to hit.

Suggestion: make it a heavy 3-slot bomber. The model would easily support it.

Right now, no one in their right mind will pick a Pytho.
Pages: 1 2