Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bounty Hunter question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So here it is. I know it is unlawful for someone not carrying either a pirate or terrorist ID to attack a lawful trader. Yes, I know some of these "lawful traders" have done some naughty things in the past and have bounties placed on them.

What if someone places a hit on them? Is that legal? If I am mad at a trader but cannot attack him without violating the sever rules, is it ok if I hire a bounty hunter to do it for me? I ask because a bounty hunter tried to kill me in my train yesterday with legal cargo and claimed that someone was mad at me and paid him to kill me.
Quote:6.15 Owners of Bounty Hunter/Mercenary/Freelancer IDs have a right to attack:

- Pirates
- Traders ships carrying smuggled goods and refusing to drop them
- (not for FL ID) Lawful and unlawful players with a bounty on their heads

BUt the BH i.d. also says no unlawful actions for a BH i.d. holder

Depends on who he is and what he did. We take Visa.
Speaking of traders and BH.
Is there a listing anywhere that shows what items are contriband and which are not?
Read the laws for the various houses. They're to be found in the Role-Playing section.
Make sure you know the difference between the Mercenary and Bounty Hunter ID's. Mercenary does indeed allow one to carry out unlawful bounties.
LPI had a hit on you for smuggling, a merc filled it. Nothing against the rules there.
' Wrote:So here it is. I know it is unlawful for someone not carrying either a pirate or terrorist ID to attack a lawful trader. Yes, I know some of these "lawful traders" have done some naughty things in the past and have bounties placed on them.

What if someone places a hit on them? Is that legal? If I am mad at a trader but cannot attack him without violating the sever rules, is it ok if I hire a bounty hunter to do it for me? I ask because a bounty hunter tried to kill me in my train yesterday with legal cargo and claimed that someone was mad at me and paid him to kill me.

I think merc not bounty hunters but, im no exspert on BHG I just hunt them.
weird question....i think the BH can do bounty on anyone if paid to do so. I think its the exception of "cant do unlawfull stuff" rule.
' Wrote:I think merc not bounty hunters but, im no exspert on BHG I just hunt them.

Hunt them?
When?

You guys never leave the protection of the Junkers and the last few that have ventured out, never returned.

And no, its not legal for a BH to take a contract against a lawful.
That is a Merc's little slice of the pie so to speak.
Let's not talk ourselves out of work, now. The rules say BH can do unlawful bounties; the id says no unlawful actions. I'm guessing in places where there is no law the job could be done. That's how I'd interpret the contradiction in the rule and i.d.

//so long as it's not an ally I imagine - http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry317781
Pages: 1 2