Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: commodities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I don't play online but I spend hours wandering around and checking out the new systems. I started out in this genre playing Privateer, and I think Freelancer is awesome and the Discovery MOD is nearly as great an invention as sliced bread.

But I have noticed that in many, if not most, of the new systems the bases and planets have no commodities to trade at all! And for me it sort of makes the trip to the newer systems kind of pointless. As an offline player interested in trade I work hard to achieve friendly or nuetral status with as many factions as possible. That way , I was hoping, I might be able to make a little change hauling basic supplies to the new systems. But with nothing on the commodities list on station after station it gets weird.

My general question is: Are the commodities going to be expanded to the new systmes or have I somehow tanked my installation?

Thanks
Many of the new systems which are actually fleshed-out (rather than completely empty, like many) are faction guard systems, designed and bought by a player faction on the server. Previously, for balance reasons, factions haven't been able to have commodities in their systems... I believe that this may be changing, in the next version.