Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bring More Use to Liners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, as the title says, here are a few ideas on how to make Liners a little more common in-game.

At the moment when I see Liners, they're mostly some sort of Fleet Jewel for factions. Which is pretty cool. But I don't see any Liners actually do what their primary function should be, transporting people around Sirius.

Maybe if we add a bonus for Liner Transports they would be more common. For example, at the moment VIPs take up 5 spaces worth of cargo, but maybe if the player is using a Liner the cargo space goes to 3 or 4. Something along those lines...

Don't know how FL is actually coded but if you make a variable when purchasing Human Cargo, then change the value of cargo space it should be fine?

If you think about it the RP reason is simply that Liners are actually built for human accommodation, but industrial transports aren't designed for that.

You recon this is possible Devs?

~ Wolf
Or make Human cargo non-purchasable except by a player using a liner, and then give primary sell points a bit of a buff?
Great idea. Generally all those quiet factions like Synth foods and OS&C should get some bonuses. I think i am the only one who flies an OS&C Luxury Liner at the moment.
With addition to this human cargo talk.. what about slaves and prisoners?
in RP would they be "stored" in "cages" xD ? so its like boxes?

Still, the pirate train for slaves is mostly the ship used for it... would not be a good idea to not allow a pirate train to carry them.
you know... a particularly -evil- concept would be to have human cargo be "perishable" in non-liner ships (or trains without "passenger" cargo pods).

thoughts?
(12-08-2013, 06:42 PM)leonardo_tigre Wrote: [ -> ]you know... a particularly -evil- concept would be to have human cargo be "perishable" in non-liner ships (or trains without "passenger" cargo pods).

thoughts?

Makes sense, upvote from me.
(12-08-2013, 06:42 PM)leonardo_tigre Wrote: [ -> ]you know... a particularly -evil- concept would be to have human cargo be "perishable" in non-liner ships (or trains without "passenger" cargo pods).

thoughts?
This is awesome. Though it should perish faster than MOX, that perishing rate is just too ridiculous to matter.

thoughts?

Just dont make it so perishable that you cant like... take it to malta from NY
Because then the whole thing is ruined. All the RP.

Speaking of RP, I still liked to RP carrying slaves in my LF and selling them to people i meet....

And also if you wana RP that you are in a ship and you are a rogue and have a rogue pilot then thats ruined too.

i like the idea... but i would have to say no to the practicality of it. It would ruin a lot of good RP that can come from making a cargo die on you...
(12-08-2013, 04:38 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]Or make Human cargo non-purchasable except by a player using a liner, and then give primary sell points a bit of a buff?
The Pilgrim Liner is made.for slaves...so that covers that need.

Also....humans can go days without water and weeks without food. It would seem silly they become perishable all of a sudden if you throw them on a spaceship.

Also, business mindset to consider. Slaves are MONEY to a slave trader. He's not going to starve and kill off his investment. He would WANT his slaves to stay alive and healthy until he sells them.
Pages: 1 2