Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Regarding fake bounties.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a quick question about some of the rules in regards to a situation which happened to me within the last hour.

If someone claims there is a "bounty" on you, when in fact there is no such bounty, and then proceeds to attack/destroy you, is this acceptable behavior?
Negative. If there is no posted bounty on any forum BEFORE you are killed by someone claiming there's a bounty on you, they're breaking the rules for sure. I'd ask them to refer to the pre posted bounty. Other than that I don't believe you can hire in game for bounties unless you're present, and the other ships join in at the request of the opposing party. And you have to be aware of it (see the conversation leading to that arrangement), can't be in secret. You can hire BHG when you have posted a bounty, or freelancers, whoever you work with, but again, must be up already.

If they can't show you the bounty, I believe you can report.

EDIT: Here are the up to date rules.
No, its not.
You still should make sure though that there -is- a bounty on you if your thinking there isnt. Maybe someone in game PMed the hunter and said he'd pay to get you shot.
Edit: ^Happened to me before.

Someone a few days ago also claimed that there was no bounty on him in game when i was playing and told him im gonna fire cuz there is a bounty on him. In actual fact there was a bounty on him that I RPed on forums. He just didnt see it and then said there is no bounty.

The rules say that if the hunter kills you for a bounty from forums then he has to report it on forums. You can check to see if there is any talk about your death. If not then maybe the guy -was- abuse the power and then you may file a report.
Right after it happened I did a forum search for the character name I was on, then an alternate character, and then checked the faction he said it was from. Absolutely no mention of anything about a bounty. Far as I can tell, there isn't even a blanket bounty for any navy personnel.
(12-09-2013, 03:42 AM)Radarade Wrote: [ -> ]Right after it happened I did a forum search for the character name I was on, then an alternate character, and then checked the faction he said it was from. Absolutely no mention of anything about a bounty. Far as I can tell, there isn't even a blanket bounty for any navy personnel.

Did he mention anything about the rogue bounty board perhaps?
Yeah check all the bounty boards at least, they have 3 days to report it. So I'd say if you're unsure and can't find anything there's no harm in reporting what evidence you have.
(12-09-2013, 03:47 AM)TheUnforgiven Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah check all the bounty boards at least, they have 3 days to report it. So I'd say if you're unsure and can't find anything there's no harm in reporting what evidence you have.

That is... if he killed you.
Did he kill you?
Well after some EXTENSIVE digging, turns out there is. The contari lance apparently have a BLANKET BOUNTY for navy, police, etc, and it can be claimed in liberty. Well I feel silly and still a little irritated. Oh well.

Edit:

Well, apparently have have blanket bounties for just about every faction out there. A secondary question to this though, being an unlawful bounty, the person who claimed it was bearing a Freelancer ID and flying a Gallic Navy vessel. Is that appropriate?
(12-09-2013, 03:48 AM)Radarade Wrote: [ -> ]Well after some EXTENSIVE digging, turns out there is. The contari lance apparently have a BLANKET BOUNTY for navy, police, etc, and it can be claimed in liberty. Well I feel silly and still a little irritated. Oh well.

No harm done Smile
Its good to check and stuff anyway.
Regarding Claymore?
Pages: 1 2