Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello Everyone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm new to Discovery, but i've been playing Freelancer for almost 2 years now. Discovery is the second modded server i've played on, and Crossfire was my first.

I have to say that my overall first impression of the mod is very good. The RP element seems to be much stronger and more organized than it was on Crossfire. I am also pleased with how smoothly the game runs even with 130+ people online. My ping here is about 160 on average, but the game plays very smoothly. I had a similar ping on the Crossfire server, but it became so laggy after 1.7 was released that for me, PVP was almost impossible.:(

Sadly I don't think I will be posting a story for my character for awhile. I have been having some issues with writers block, and not being able to communicate my ideas very well, if at all. However I am hoping that this will pass before I go to college next month, but I doubt that it will. :(

In the meantime, I may not be online much, because Ill be busy exploring the mod in SP. Once I have found most of the items, ill be online a LOT. I have to admit that I do love a good tussle, and I cant wait until I can take part in battles of epic proportions. :yahoo:

This is Rabid Gerbil, signing off. :)
Epic Battles?

Then join Mandalorian Mercs [M], or Queen Carina's Royal Fleet (QCRF)

Though I could be biased...:)
I saw the 'Fresh Meat' part and I just knew this was a welcome thread I had to post in. Beware our flesh-eating communist penguins, they're voracious...and welcome to the party. Consider joining the Outcasts; you receive free Cardamine when you do so.
Hello and welcome, enjoy yourself and read the rules. I don't want to see you crossing our desk anytime soon, or preferably ever. Most importantly though have fun within those rules.
I would like to welcome you to one the the best communities in the Freelancer game...

Here is a few facts that some players may not know...

1. You do not have to join a faction...(Factions are fun, but it is not required. You can RP just as good as an Independant)

2. You are allowed to have a cap ship if you want.. (it is Strongly advisable to fully understand the role-play and let everyone else know your story in RP in obtaining a capship first)

3. Treat everyone the same way you want to be treated and all should be well..

If there is anything I can do to help, just send me a PM......

Ha! n00bl3t !... I beat ya this time !!!!!:laugh:

Please do join the IMRU, we do a fine job of dying with style.

Welcome to Discovery, bow before our mighty Pastor, Del.

Read the rules and get a club for beating off the penguins and you should be fine!
Also, as to the flesh-eating communist penguins, sometimes they disguise themselves with melon hats, dont be fooled!

Welcome to disco, and have fun.
' Wrote:Hello and welcome, enjoy yourself and read the rules. I don't want to see you crossing our desk anytime soon, or preferably ever. Most importantly though have fun within those rules.

Oh, i've crossed an admin on Crossfire once, and its not an experience I plan on repeating here or anywhere else. :unsure:

I've spent quite a bit of time reading over the rules. I've got the basic stuff down, like no more than 99 stackable and 20 non-stackable items in the hole, and i've also got the engagement rules down. The intracacy of the RP system will warrant a few more reads, though. I should know everything by Monday.:)

As for joining a clan, it will probably be awhile until I do join a server clan. First and foremost, I plan on getting acquainted with the mod and the players. After that, I seriously need to brush up on my PVP skills (its been awhile...). After I've got fighting down again, I'll join a clan. I was looking at a couple clans earlier today and i liked what I saw. *cough*blacksquadron*cough* ;)
Welcome to Discovery, my friend. As the local farmer that posts in the Welcome Section, I have to say that, if anything, I would like to thank you for looking into the more intricate parts of the game before coming headfirst into the game. If I had a dollar everytime someone said to me "Well, I don't have food, so I'm not your problem!" I'd be a very, very rich person...

Also, there is a lot of information that is on the forums rather than ingame. Instead of going through everything in singleplayer, I would highly suggest going through it all on server and talking with people, asking questions, and looking around, that way you know what you'll need to know on the forums from other people as well as the rumors ingame, and you'll learn about the atmosphere here at Disco.

You don't have to write any stories about anything. I have never finished a story, although I am attempting to write one for Johann, and people call me a good roleplayer (Why is beyond me).

And joining a faction when you're new is no biggie. If I would be so obvious as to try and recruit you, I would highly suggest joining a faction like Gateway Interstellar or RepEx to get a feel for faction life. Or you could just join the LWB and make me really happy....

Oh, and keep away from Synth Paste. It is known to cause Hair Loss, Teeth Discoloration (Purple), and, in the worst of cases, insanity.

EDIT: That might sounds contradictory, but I said thank you for researching, then suggested doing it online.
' Wrote:Ha! n00bl3t !... I beat ya this time !!!!!:laugh:

He's lying.

If you want to have a more "smooth" transition into Disco, two things.
Join a faction and don't buy a capital ship.
As always, if you don't follow the above, PM me.
Pages: 1 2