Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: S & J Mining Inc. A new mining company...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings fellow Freelancers,

To begin, I have founded a new group with my friend, known here as Tanker. It is a Mining Company with the callsign - S&J_Mining_Inc.[#], with the number in brackets designating the different players (1, 2, etc.). So far it is just the two of us. ALL of our money will be made for mining various fields across all of Sirius. All expenses (new ships, weapons, bribes, etc.) will be paid strictly from the profits made from our various operations, with no missions taken or handouts or loans. We are striving to be neutral with all, and will ask permission to mine various fields in House and pirate space; paying a percentage to the appropriate faction if necessary.
So far, as we have no Miner ID, we have chosen Zoner as our Tag/IFF and ID. Since we will be travelling throughout all of Sirius in search of productive fields, this seemed to be the most logical choice. If a Miner ID is added to 4.85 (I hope), we will change our ID immediately to that and probably strive for a Freelancer tag. We did not want to be a part of the BMM or the GMG. We wanted to start a new company from the ground up and see how far we can take it. Now, we are in the process of saving up to purchase our first mining ship, and at 17 million plus outfitting, it is taking a while. It's been a lot of fun so far, something about working hard for your money makes it worthwhile to us. If RP'ed right, I think it can really take off and add a whole new perspective to Discovery.

Now my questions.... Do you think the Zoner tag and ID is the best choice for this? It seems to fit in with our mindset better than anything else, being two pilots out to make some money and start a new business, who don't care about wars, hostilities, or politics.
Another question... Do you have any ideas on how we can better this? Or do our ideas sound good so far?
One more... Is anyone interested in doing this with us? Mind you, the money isn't great... it's downright lousy sometimes, as we don't always seek out the highest profitting fields. We travel all over, and one day we'll be mining water to sell for 25 credits each, and the next day be mining diamonds.

We've been putting a lot of thought and time into this, and so far it's paid off.
I'd like to see it grow to faction status one day, but it's a long way off right now. Breaking rocks to reach 500 million will take a L-O-N-G time.
Let me know what you think!

-centauri5pirate out.
There's already Miner ID. I believe it's on Gas Miner Naha, Sigma-13.
Duly noted, and thank you. We will get it as soon as we get ingame.
(musta been all the whiskey, us miners LOVE whiskey!!)

EDIT : S&J Mining Inc. [1] has procured a Miner ID.
Not a Whiskey man myself, but about this idea

BMM,IMG Player factions and would not be happy shearing thier mining with other Sirius wide miners, maybe staick to unmined ares outside House and ZOI of other mining corps, just an idea
' Wrote:Not a Whiskey man myself, but about this idea

BMM,IMG Player factions and would not be happy shearing thier mining with other Sirius wide miners, maybe staick to unmined ares outside House and ZOI of other mining corps, just an idea

Yes, very true. I'm sure they would be upset about an independant company taking their spoils. Perhaps if they received a percentage of the total goods mined, they might allow it. A claim purchased by us in a certain sector of their ZOI perhaps. This is another good interactive aspect of this idea.
Slightly related to this...It occurs to me that a new house is coming to Sirius, what about new corporations?
In the real world, corporations rise, fall, get bought-out by other companies, and new ones take their place.