Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cannot understand English
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Several times now I have run into t_h_cool and his other characters, who supposedly cannot understand english, consequently when Stopping his trader he carrys on, then when his trader is destroyed, comes on this Liberty Battlecruiser (Whats it doing in Sigma 13?) and opens fire without any warning, does this exempt him from the rules as he cannot understand me and I cannot understand him?
Not as far as I'm concerned. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. If you can catch screenshots of him reengaging with another character, post a sanction report. As for the language thing, this is an English-speaking server, and he can't really get any enjoyment out of it if he can't speak the language.
This is an english server. If you cannot speak nor understand this language,,,you're screwed. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse and will never be.
Bounty hunter (Now corsair) named Latv something doesn't know english, and after being desitroyed never leaves system...
Report them. Its unfair, but the whole idea of an RP server involves a good deal of elitism. If they cannot speak english, they cannot RP, and the often do not follow the rules. If they break the rules, they've no place playing here.
If they break the rules, report them. Otherwise, leave them be. If they're content to merely trade and not break rules despite unable to speak English, then it is all good. We can't teach them all English and to allow the usage of any/all languages on the server would quickly get very messy and very difficult to communicate with anyone else.
' Wrote:Several times now I have run into t_h_cool and his other characters, who supposedly cannot understand english, consequently when Stopping his trader he carrys on, then when his trader is destroyed, comes on this Liberty Battlecruiser (Whats it doing in Sigma 13?) and opens fire without any warning, does this exempt him from the rules as he cannot understand me and I cannot understand him?

CERTAINLY NOT !

I know him and I'll not defend him !

If he continue, let him get a ban. It will let him the time to learn english !
What would be really nice would be a SIMPLIFIED version of the rules in German, Russian, Polish and Chinese.

It would help a lot for foreign players. It could even be a server message(s).

Don't know if there are capable volunters out there but these are the ones I see the most having trouble.

...and note its all current/former COMMUNIST countries. Death to all anti-social, anti-capitalist penguins!
The idea was brough before, but, the official answer was no.

The only rule that can be translated into an other language is the one saying that our server is an english server and that english is the official language here.

Corect me if I'm wrong
Yeh he F1s EVERY time.

Only time he didn't F1 was when Admin Vero was 5k away.

We have about 7 or 8 SS with him F1ing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4