Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer disc almost here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-15-2013, 01:43 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Before someone brings up paying the devs for a game is good, if it is bought from Amazon, you are paying the retailer. And since it is an old game, they will get 100% of the profit.

EDIT: Tho on the other hand...Amazon did build flying robots with their money :|
Perhaps it is a good idea to buy from them.

chris roberts already got paid for this game, and MS have taken the lions share of the cash. i own a real copy of the game, any download is a replacement Wink

i wonder - sometimes author's put their work up on their own site and say 'click to download' and a paypal button comes up for $1 or something.

would be nice to do that for software. the kickstarter program is very close, but you are taking a massive risk that the money you put into the game is going to pay off - some of the amounts to pledge can be $500 or more, which is crazy, and you don't know if the game will be playable or not. a system that worked after the fact would be nice.
(12-15-2013, 01:43 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Before someone brings up paying the devs for a game is good, if it is bought from Amazon, you are paying the retailer. And since it is an old game, they will get 100% of the profit.

EDIT: Tho on the other hand...Amazon did build flying robots with their money :|
Perhaps it is a good idea to buy from them.

He probably never bought it from Amazon themselves, it's a 2nd hand game, so it was probably sold by a third party company that sells stuff on Amazon. Pretty much the same as buying from eBay.
I still have the disc and the BOX. ^_^
Still got my original disc. It might be the oldest disk I have that was taken out of it's wrapper. I have older games but I got the disks for those after in some bargain bin somewhere.
I have my original disc and the box. Too bad the disc is in two pieces though ;(
I bought a disc from ebay a couple of years ago, $5
(12-16-2013, 07:01 PM)Pancakes Wrote: [ -> ]I have my original disc and the box. Too bad the disc is in two pieces though ;(

Almost the same, I have the original box and the disc. I have played the game soooo much with the disc that it got cracked and it is almost in two pieces (If I add it in, it would probably break inside the cd/dvd drive)
Somehow this is the only disc which broke down from all my other CDs.
i lost my original disc years ago, good job i made an image of it

now all i do is "mount" it and perfect
as long no one gets the lizens to sell additional copy´s who cares if it get´s downloadet, since the copys u get from amazon are rest stocks or used.
I personally wish I had found out about freelancer when it came out - I was really interested in games at that time.
Pages: 1 2 3