Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cruisers and the Traders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now I understand that traders are basically untouchable by cruisers, being situation specific but, is a Blood Dragon Cruiser going to stand by and let traders cart it's enemies goods through its own systems? Ofcourse Cruisers wont go to doing things such as petty piracy but you do get Capitol ships doing blockades for Lawful factions against smugglers, so can unlawful factions do the same in their systems? It's like sitting in your commaders chair and watching your enemy arm up before your eyes.

Discuss
Right now, the only situation in which a cruiser can attack a trader is if the cruiser is of a lawful ID and faction, and the trader is carrying something deemed to be contraband by that faction.

So no, your blood dragon cruiser is not able to attack traders, even in chugoku. The only place you can attack them with that ship is in tau 64 (I think it's 64, might be 63) - which is the BD guard system.
I realise the current rules but Im looking for an evaluation of the RP impact of this, if this was real I don't think a cruiser would sit in his system allowing this to happen
' Wrote:I realise the current rules but Im looking for an evaluation of the RP impact of this, if this was real I don't think a cruiser would sit in his system allowing this to happen

If it was real, no, he wouldnt... but unfortunately this seems to be one of the cases in which you cannot break rules in favor of RP justification. You're still fully able to be sanctioned if you attack a trader with a cruiser vessel as an unlawful.

Also as I understand, a system owning faction can set whatever rules they want for their system, so if traders were not allowed to enter, a Cruiser of that faction would be able to destroy the trader. I am almost sure that is the case.

As I have said, im fully aware of the CURRENT rules involved, im talking about possible changes.

And what we are talking about here is as good as letting your opponent arm before he attacks you, would you intentionally let your enemy arm up on weapons and ammo while you're standing there pointing a loaded gun at him? If not when why do smaller craft prevent these traders running in the first place?

And Zelot, this is what I was thinking, seeing as it's a system owned by the Dragons then they should be in control of it's airspace so to speak.
Eh, if guard IDs come around next version, you get to join up in the "military" of the regular faction. For example, a Corsair guard IDed player interdicting contraband in a Legate. Of course, you can't pirate with the guard IDs. I think there may be one for the Dragons, but I'm not sure.
Pirating would be out of the question, this is about policy of faction, in this case Dragons are to get traders carrying Diamonds/Niobium to either Drop the cargo, turn around or be eliminated.
This was discussed at length in a previous thread some weeks ago, a poll was taken and 70% of the respondents replied in favour of letting unlawful capships "police" their own systems and thus, engage renegade traders.
Note - this did NOT mean piracy.

A pm was sent to Igiss with a formal request that this rule be amended to reflect community opinion for 4.85.

So, we'll see what happens.
For the Dragons atleast, all cargo would be destroyed if dropped or if the trader turns about he keeps his cargo
Pages: 1 2