Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Sanctioned: LH~Dr.Julius-No
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LH~Dr.Julius-No has been sanctioned for:

Quote:Server Rule 3.2 A player who was killed during a PvP fight in any form, must not enter the system where the fight took place or re-engage the attacker(s) for 2 hours from the time of their destruction, or until this/these ship(s) leave(s) the game.

3.4 Fleeing from combat and then docking at a station or planet while you are in range of the ship you were fighting counts as PvP death. Trade vessels are exempt from this rule.

Consequences: If you're going to use your Pirate transport to pirate, then it doesn't qualify for the 2 hour exception for trade ships. You reengaged after becoming pvp dead and so violated the rules quoted above.
Loss of guns, equipment and credits. Sanction note is lying in your cargo bay.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=108757

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
It says nothing about that in the rules, I'm flying a trade ship:

Quote:Trade vessels are exempt from this rule.

The rules need to be explained more clearly IMO.

I would like to have the evidence sent to me please as I don't remember this incident.
(12-18-2013, 02:19 AM)Thargoid Wrote: [ -> ]It says nothing about that in the rules, I'm flying a trade ship:

Quote:Trade vessels are exempt from this rule.

The rules need to be explained more clearly IMO.

I would like to have the evidence sent to me please as I don't remember this incident.

PM sent

Not all transports are trade vessels. It depends on what they are being used for. You used yours for pirating.

I hope you don't truly believe that your pirate transport is exempt from the 2 hr rule and thus can be used to pirate over and over again despite becoming pvp dead.

That is not what the 2 hr exception for trade vessels was designed for. Do we really need to spell this out with another rule?
The guy who I tried to pirate, Transport.01 was using his ship to pirate NPC transports, my demand wasn't really a pirate demand, it was for him to move away from the station.

He docked when I attacked him, does this also count as PvP death?

He docked, and I'm pretty sure he logged another ship to kill me, and got his friends to help too.
(12-18-2013, 02:51 AM)Thargoid Wrote: [ -> ]The guy who I tried to pirate, Transport.01 was using his ship to pirate NPC transports, my demand wasn't really a pirate demand, it was for him to move away from the station.

He docked when I attacked him, does this also count as PvP death?

He docked, and I'm pretty sure he logged another ship to kill me, and got his friends to help too.

I remember you mentioning that in server logs, but I couldn't find any evidence of anyone docking in the screens other than you. If you have any screens, provide them, and we'll take another look at it.
Well I never took any, as I read that rule as literally any transport ship. So presumed that rule never applied to him either.

Is it against the rules to dock a transport, then come back with a fighter to kill pirate? If so I'll make note.
(12-18-2013, 03:18 AM)Thargoid Wrote: [ -> ]Well I never took any, as I read that rule as literally any transport ship. So presumed that rule never applied to him either.

Is it against the rules to dock a transport, then come back with a fighter to kill pirate? If so I'll make note.

The trader, while trading, is exempt from the 2 hr rule. The fighter is not. So, in this case, if the transport you were engaged with, docked, he could not come back with a fighter and engage you.
Well, thanks for clearing that up.
Personally I think that rule should be re-written, I follow the rules to the letter, there should be no ambiguity, I've seen other pirates doing this when I'm playing my Police char, docking re-filling bots/bats, even swapping Charons for Iron Hammers, and then re-engaging, I never seen a problem with it at the time because nothing is written about that in the rules.

I never reported him, and I'm not going to report other players for doing this either, if it's not written in the rules, then I can't expect other players to assume they exist, therefore they should not be punished.

A simple sentence would suffice.
Noted and already has been taken into consideration.