Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ships Bastilled: Titanium.Reaver & QCA|Maj.Matt.Skerritt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please note that this is not a sanction. Just a notice to help sort out some unclear paperwork.

The following ships have been temporarily moved to Bastille:
Quote:Titanium.Reaver
QCA|Maj.Matt.Skerritt

Reasons:

We were doing some cleaning up, and came across your ships. Turns out, there's no paperwork regarding either of these names related to ever being granted a Spec Ops ID. This is most probably because a couple of old SRP characters with this ID approved were later renamed without notifying the team, so we'd like to ask you to drop a post here letting us know of the original name which we should be looking for in the SRP logs.

Once that's done, your old SRP thread will be updated with your new name and your ships will be released from Bastille.

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
QCA = "Queen Carina Academy"
These ships are only used in Salisbury (BAF guard system) for training purposes.
Yes, based on the account it was on and the ship and loadout, we assumed it must be one of the BAF| training ships acquired through FR7, however, that faction right specifically states that the ship must have a name which clearly marks it as a training ship, and also as part of the official faction rights, it goes without saying that it requires to have the faction tag in its name.

So basically, what the BAF| leadership need to do is to contact us with a suitable name for that ship and it'll be renamed and moved back to Salisbury.
I sincerely doubt Kaze is going to post about Titanium, so..

I don't know exactly how that ID got on there. It's some old SRP ID, possibly from another character, that he stuck on there. According to Kaze, Admins had told him that as long as the ship didn't leave Conn (which it hasn't), it was fine to keep the ID on it.

If there's a sudden need to get rid of that ID, it'd probably be best to move that ship back and stick a Reaver ID on it.
Based on the ship and loadout, it appears to be from the Kaze.Dagon SRP for a Nyx back in 2010, but there's no actual documentation on when and why it was renamed (Which is not entirely Kaze's fault, I must add). Since Kaze tends to go on extended breaks though, I guess it'd be less confusing if Titanium stays as-is, with a contact admin note in its hold, rather than coming back and finding it where it was but with the Spec Ops ID gone.
Right seems like it was an oversight back in the day.
So BAF|QCA-Maj.Matt.Skerritt will work fine or BAF|QCA-M.M.Skerritt for the characterlimit on names.
After some more talks with the BAF| guys, QCA|Maj.Matt.Skerritt is renamed to BAF|QCA-Trainer and moved back to Salisbury.
Oh my. Another Reaver in Bastille.

Burn the witch! With pitchforks.

Angry Farmers unite!

*Coughs*

Man, the mothballs are killing me.

Well, moving on. Yeah, it was Kaze's SRP Nyx, that never went forward due to my extended breaks ™, and general changes in rules that went on during .85/.86.
At the time, admins told that if said ship and ID didn't left Conn (which never did), then it wouldn't be a problem.

As it is, if someone from the Reavers want to pick the character up and do the SRP for the Nyx, i will glady help and give my blessings for it.

Just don't involve animals and children. I draw the line on those.

Meanwhile, i have to see a kid about a pony.

<3