Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Fusing Houses/sectors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-18-2013, 10:12 AM)Void_Nemesis_GOF2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2013, 09:06 AM).Flash. Wrote: [ -> ]Delete all but Conn. We trade in conn, we RP in conn ( oh who am I kidding, we wont RP there ), we pierat, pew, have wars, eveything....who needs the rest of sirius. Conn is enough for everyone....
Actually, this just gave me an idea: why not fuse houses/sectors into just one huge system? For example, if we fuse Liberty together, instead of tons of systems and no one there we have one massive system with everything in it, and zones delimiting each system. Would allow inRP extrasolar flight, stuff BETWEEN the systems, make it harder for pirates to use the chat window to locate miners and such... Plus, if easter eggs or something are added, it would make exploration actually fun and worth it.
So. Discuss. It could be fun, or a huge mistake. And since it appears to be a popular topic at the moment, it could be interesting to see what people have to say about it.
EDIT: Before people complain about "long cruise times", the JGs and JHs would still be in place, but would jump to other places in the sector, or between sectors. Or, you could just buff cruise speed. And it would make JDs more useful.
PvP death rule. Trade balance.

All goes to chaos and we have enough of that in current Disco.
Llllllaaaaaagggggg I assume will be prevalent.

Still, fewer systems for more player interaction would be great.
I'd say Yes just for the hell of it.
FL engine can't handle big systems. Period
There is a reason the game world is composed of small, numerous systems.
(12-18-2013, 01:46 PM)utrack Wrote: [ -> ]FL engine can't handle big systems. Period

That. Wonder why your ship is falling apart when too far from system center?
If it is number of objects it cannot handle, then that is one thing.

If it is the physical size (flight time etc.) then that is relative as things can be shrunk and slowed down. Probably make PvP more boring however.
"Go to" alt tab, see you in 25 minutes
You'll quickly run into technical issues, namely z-buffer (depth buffer) glitching.