Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin help needed: Stuck on planet due to bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings.

I cannot launch from Planet Manhattan with my passenger liner, it always blows up in the atmosphere.
Ship name: Hotel.Luxurya.
Admins, could you please move it to Trenton Outpost?
Thanks.

Ponge
**BUMP**
Have you tried type quickly /stuck command multiple times during undocking sequence when ship doesn´t get damage? It helped me in the past when I got stucked in mooring point somewhere.

Another attempt could be press F2 after you click on undock button, what should skip undocking sequence.
Ship is instantly killed even when using quick-undock (F2 or F10), I have no chance to do anything. I'll keep trying though.

HELLYEAH, thanks, after the ~30-40th attempt, I made it.

Thread can be closed.
Just saw a Dreadnaught almost die to the planet on undock too, I think Manhattan's on a killing spree.

EDIT: Apparently, so is Stuttgart! devs wat did u do
(12-18-2013, 04:24 PM)Technogeist Wrote: [ -> ]Just saw a Dreadnaught almost die to the planet on undock too, I think Manhattan's on a killing spree.

EDIT: Apparently, so is Stuttgart! devs wat did u do

They reversed the docking procedure in the recent update, because the new, improved procedure that stopped this from happening brought some unwanted side-effects. I believe one of those side-effects was that barges could undock from planets without any problems.
Reverting the planet moors to their pre-87 specs had nothing to do with Barges, actually. One of the unwanted side-effects that change was causing was the POB docking issue (Yea I know, sounds odd. Which is why we couldn't pinpoint the bug for the first few updates) so it was either this or keeping POBs offline. If it wasn't for that, we wouldn't have reverted that change as it was kinda handy.

The current situation is not permanent though. Our hook guys will hopefully figure out a way to make the base plugin recognize those specialized moor points properly and work without conflicting with the POB docking. Once that's done, we'll bring back the moor mechanisms we had since the initial 87 release.
Oh and ae seems to have moved it for you, to let you know.
Yeah, it costs me around 5 million+ each time I undock my Gallic BS from New Paris (where all the equipment for it is sold) because the planet destroys 3/4ths of my hull and I have to land on a base to get repaired. I'm glad that it will be fixed soon though and that the dev's are aware of the problem.