Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Higher power snub guns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok from what I understand there are a few problems concerning trading, fighter pvp, and capspam.

1. Trading. The number of traders is not sufficient to make piracy fun or lucrative. Less piracy means more boredom for lawfuls and unlawfuls which are too focused on killing lawfuls than on piracy (or smuggling)

2. Fighter PvP. It lasts too long when fighters fight fighters. Fighters cant kill caps. Fighters cant kill Bombers fast enough to be of any use in fights involving caps.

3. Capspam. Snubs hate it, it gives unrealistic ship populations, there are too many caps. Still, high number of caps are needed to maintain the trrading economy, because they are the main reason why people trade or mine.

Something that will help reduce these three problems:

*drumroll*

Very expensive fighter guns that are a bit faster, a bit more power, and a bit longer range.

Something like 50 million per gun.

Longer range and more power will make fighters more effective against caps.

Faster speed and more power will make them more effective agaisnt snubs and be able to kill faster.

High price will give people motivation to make more money for other reasons than buying a capship.

Dont make the guns TOO OP though, so people who dont want to spend 50 mil on a gun still have a chance. Make them something you would consider having on your fighter, but not something you absolutely must have on all your fighters so you can compete.

Do the same for bomers.

Just make 1 additional gun type for each faction that match those criteria.

What you think?
Make snubs effective against all ship classes? No.
Not effective enough so that 1 fighter can take out a battleship up cruiser. But a little more effective, so that 1 fighter can take out 1 gunboat if the fighter pilot is skilled enough and the GB isnt full solaris, in exchange for a high price. The cost/benefit should be worth it in fights with pilots of equal skill level, but not worth it or game-changing if one side is experienced and the other isnt. Very small buff in exchange for a lot of credits, so some people will go for it, while people who have their credits planned for something else wont.

bloogaL

(12-18-2013, 04:36 PM)Elmothehorse Wrote: [ -> ]2. Fighter PvP. It lasts too long when fighters fight fighters.

Not if you bother to learn to aim.

(12-18-2013, 04:36 PM)Elmothehorse Wrote: [ -> ]Fighters cant kill caps.

Yes they can.

(12-18-2013, 04:36 PM)Elmothehorse Wrote: [ -> ]Fighters cant kill Bombers fast enough to be of any use in fights involving caps.

See my first point.
(12-18-2013, 04:52 PM)bloogaL Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2013, 04:36 PM)Elmothehorse Wrote: [ -> ]2. Fighter PvP. It lasts too long when fighters fight fighters.
Not if you bother to learn to aim.

Not if you bothered to learn to dodge and shieldrun. Which is much easier to learn.

(12-18-2013, 04:36 PM)Elmothehorse Wrote: [ -> ]Fighters cant kill caps.
Yes they can.

Only with high enough numbers. The idea was to reduce that number.

(12-18-2013, 04:36 PM)Elmothehorse Wrote: [ -> ]Fighters cant kill Bombers fast enough to be of any use in fights involving caps.
See my first point.

See my reply to your first point.

If you want to prove me wrong, connecticut, in 5 minutes?

bloogaL

Hitting a shield running target's usually not that hard, especially when it's a bomber and you have a group that can focus fire them down one by one. And I'd love to come and show you, but update 5 broke my freelancer and I'm too lazy to fix it.
you're the kind of person that claims cheats if they get outdone in battle.

I know this from experience, please stop posting like you know what ur on about.

PS: idea is bad.
Pvp advantages should be trained, not bought.
(12-18-2013, 05:11 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]Pvp advantages should be trained, not bought.
+1

Fighters are actually already the killer class, that is when you have a group of them.
A large group of fighters > every other ship.
(12-18-2013, 05:05 PM)bloogaL Wrote: [ -> ]Hitting a shield running target's usually not that hard, especially when it's a bomber and you have a group that can focus fire them down one by one. And I'd love to come and show you, but update 5 broke my freelancer and I'm too lazy to fix it.

If you're a bomber of course you'll die sooner or later, but even with 3 fighters on you you'll still be able to destroy a transport, with 1 fighter on you you'll be able to launch all your novas before you die. Unless you're a horrible pilot, of course.

I invite anyone else who claims that ist not true that snubfights dont last too long to duel me in conn. With regens like in RP.

(12-18-2013, 05:07 PM)Hidamari Wrote: [ -> ]you're the kind of person that claims cheats if they get outdone in battle.
I know this from experience, please stop posting like you know what ur on about.
PS: idea is bad.

Oh hello.

I think you're the largemouthed light fighter that attacked me near West Point, and then when you were losing you ran to buffalo and managed to escape only because a lag spike allowed you to engage cruise without getting CDed, and then you shouted "if I had a bigger ship I would hav beat you".

If you call that "out-doing someone in battle", you're probably exactly the kind of person that most people would rather see explode more quickly.
Pages: 1 2