Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: NPC contraband list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I was flying around in my Cryer ship, and I was constantly stopped by LN/LPI NPCs to drop the human organs I was carrying. Cryer is allowed to ship them by ID. I know NPCs cannot read the ID, that' why I have this suggestion:
remove all contraband commodities from their contraband list, that can be shipped by even one legal faction legally. Only keep ABSOLUTE contraband commodities on that list (cardamine, slaves, artifacts, hypnotainment bands, nox, etc.), which are always considered contraband, with no exception.
Reason: as in the said example, NPC's meddling destroys the player interactions and RP in this case, as for example an LPI player stops me, and we have a nice chat about the stuff on board my ship, but an LN NPC cruiser opens fire on me for having said stuff, despite it is legal for me. I consider this rather an annoyance, not something that improves my experience.
Quote:artifacts

Legal (or used to be) in Kusari.
or add a bluff command that rolls dice to determine if a npc will catch your cargo, based on your stats

or yea, remove NPC contraband list

but then people will whine about smuggling during off hours
Yes, you are right, Kusari crops can ship it. Though I think contraband can be set per faction, right? So synth weed, human organs and stabiline should be removed from contraband list where Cryer is legally allowed to carry it. And same for other factions/contraband commodities.

I did not suggest to remove ALL contrabands. I just find it ooRP (even if NPCs do it) that lawful NPCs stop me, the lawful ship for carrying a contraband I am legally allowed to carry.
(12-19-2013, 10:50 AM)lIceColon Wrote: [ -> ]or add a bluff command that rolls dice to determine if a npc will catch your cargo, based on your stats

or yea, remove NPC contraband list

but then people will whine about smuggling during off hours

Maybe to go further and add a special module for transport, like "signal encryption device" or something alike. If the thing is installed there is a 50% chance the player that scans the ship with contraband will see something innocent instead on his screen, like a load of water or oxygen.