Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: VideoCard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Pilots! I hope someone can help me...

Its a strange thing... everything looks working normal in my PC, but from some days ago, im experiencing an issue:

My Image on screen disappear!, im sure its because my videocard (my monitor its a a new one), let me explain the situation:

In desktop, looks like all normal (resolution 1920x1080x32 with 75Hz), while playing a game (Freelancer, Orbiter 2010, Microsoft Flight Simulator) after a while (not always the same time) its like lossing video signal and all image turns off. Sometimes, just returning to desktop appear again, but sometimes... still all black. I need to turn off computer, unplug my energy cable, wait 5 minutes and all working again.

I know im using a vintage PC hahahahaha:
- Pentium® Dual Core E5500 2.8Ghz
- 3.5 Gb RAM
- ATI Radeon HD3650 1Gb (strange, some benchmark tools say 512Mb and others 1024Mb)
- Windows XP Pro SP3

I see no artifacts on image, so looks like GPU or VideoRAM are good. Also the temperature never exceed of 80 degrees celsius (normaly around 70-75 when playing) and i have no overclock.

This happening just from 3 or 4 days ago... I have no idea what is the problem. Ideas?

Thanks to all!
Your video card is busted. I had the same problem with my old Saphire.

I suggest getting a GDDR5 memory card with at least 256bit width.
(12-20-2013, 08:37 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Your video card is busted. I had the same problem with my old Saphire.

I suggest getting a GDDR5 memory card with at least 256bit width.

Yep... i hope this x-mas... with lucky, new PC hehehe.

What do you recomend me for the new one, windows 7 or windows 8?
7 works better with desktops right now. 8 is more of a mobile device thing at this point in time.
8.1 works fine on desktops really, I prefer it over 7.
operating system is a non issue, and normally bundled with oems

for gaming you'd be mostly interacting with the game interface itself anyway
Thanks guys... probably this evening i will go to buy a new Graphics Card, and i think i must wait after x-mas to update the rest of my PC...