Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Transfer Commodities to another char.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
Is it possible to transfer Commodities to another character?

i.e.

I own a Firefly, which seems to be terribly slow at mining (even with Mining Array's).. So I was wondering whether I could mine with my Hegemon & then transfer the Gold to my Firefly character?

Thanks
That is because the Firefly is not a mining ship, see http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=71050

You can swap by dropping in space, switching account and hoping it is still in space when you re-log.

It is risky as it will disappear, be stolen or tractored in by NPC's.
(12-22-2013, 12:36 PM)Tunicle Wrote: [ -> ]That is because the Firefly is not a mining ship, see http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=71050

You can swap by dropping in space, switching account and hoping it is still in space when you re-log.

Ok thanks. That kinda sucks... Hegemon only holds 2750 units, which is kinda pathetic Sad

Whats the biggest miner available? I'm guessing it's the Hegemon from what I'm reading..
(12-22-2013, 12:39 PM)Jobe Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2013, 12:36 PM)Tunicle Wrote: [ -> ]That is because the Firefly is not a mining ship, see http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=71050

Ok thanks. That kinda sucks... Hegemon only holds 1,200 units, which is kinda pathetic Sad

Whats the biggest miner available? I'm guessing it's the Hegemon from what I'm reading..

Hegemon can hold 2700 units,unless it is some special commodity like Jump/trade lane parts or commods of such kind.The kamome has a bigger hold(2800) than the hegemon,but I have only seen people using it to mine He-3 from Okinawa,S-13.It is also more agile and manuevarable than hegemon.

Also,you can ask some other player to stand by the ore you dropped,so that you can switch accounts and tractor it.I do it most of the time.But,you cant stop NPC's tractoring it.
(12-22-2013, 12:47 PM)sathish.wazza Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2013, 12:39 PM)Jobe Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok thanks. That kinda sucks... Hegemon only holds 1,200 units, which is kinda pathetic Sad

Hegemon can hold 2700 units,unless it is some special commodity like Jump/trade lane parts or commods of such kind.The kamome has a bigger hold(2800) than the hegemon,but I have only seen people using it to mine He-3 from Okinawa,S-13.It is also more agile and manuevarable than hegemon.

Also,you can ask some other player to stand by the ore you dropped,so that you can switch accounts and tractor it.I do it most of the time.But,you cant stop NPC's tractoring it.

Ok thanks for the info mate.
They are not 100% up to date but these 2 guides may help you;

A part from the Mining guide shown by Tunicle, perhaps this is of your interest too

And a general guide store here.

Have fun!

You can't do this anymore, you drop the ore into space, log your transport, but he'll magically appear at the base you were previously docked at, even though you F1d him right at the mining spot.

The only way is to get a friend to help, or join a faction.

There are plenty of mining factions, suggest you join one of those instead of trying to play a multiplayer game alone.

I mine with a friend, we both have mining ships, and 5K ships, so we fill each other, then fly to the sell point together.

Near the sell point of previous ore, we have other mining ships, so we log those, and fill each other again, then fly back to previous mining spot, mine there... etc, that way we're mostly transporting ore and not wasting valuable profit/time hauling rubbish standard commodities.

I imagine it's done in a similar fashion by mining factions, but I dunno, depends what one you choose I guess., and whether they haul the ore themselves, or just sell it to traders at the sell point.
(12-22-2013, 02:07 PM)Thargoid Wrote: [ -> ]

You can't do this anymore, you drop the ore into space, log your transport, but he'll magically appear at the base you were previously docked at, even though you F1d him right at the mining spot.

The only way is to get a friend to help, or join a faction.

There are plenty of mining factions, suggest you join one of those instead of trying to play a multiplayer game alone.

I mine with a friend, we both have mining ships, and 5K ships, so we fill each other, then fly to the sell point together.

Near the sell point of previous ore, we have other mining ships, so we log those, and fill each other again, then fly back to previous mining spot, mine there... etc, that way we're mostly transporting ore and not wasting valuable profit/time hauling rubbish standard commodities.

I imagine it's done in a similar fashion by mining factions, but I dunno, depends what one you choose I guess., and whether they haul the ore themselves, or just sell it to traders at the sell point.

Some excellent advise again from you thargoid.

Any mining factions need a new member?
GMG is open for applications :-)

Click here
(12-22-2013, 02:55 PM)Jobe Wrote: [ -> ]Some excellent advise again from you thargoid.

Any mining factions need a new member?

Thanks Big Grin Happy to help.

Yeah, GMG is a good faction to join, they travel in groups and are well defended, I know this because I tried to pirate them in a bomber once...

Didn't go so well... Angry
Pages: 1 2