Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pierats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow fellas.

As it was said, PoBs are back! (I never saw them Aww)
So, I guess there will be a LOT more traders with supplies for thier bases, and destructible bases of course. My point is: What pierat fraction should I join to blow up some traders, PoBs and show my crappy RP?
(12-20-2013, 10:14 AM)aerelm Wrote: [ -> ]
Player Owned Bases will be re-enabled on December 27th, 2013

It's "pirate" and "faction".

If you are here just to blow people up and not deliver role of pirate, get lost.
"If you are here just to blow people up and not deliver role of pirate, get lost."

Who said so?

Hm, I may said it wrong I think, sorry.

So, let's try again: What is the best pirate faction for beginner? I would like to see the pirate side of RP.

And I know, "pierats" was intentional.
Start with Independent Pirate to get the grasp of pirate's role.
I think that none pirate faction blows up PoBs...
Get a legate and remake the Bass Hunters.
(12-22-2013, 12:46 PM)TheSauron Wrote: [ -> ]Hello fellow fellas.

As it was said, PoBs are back! (I never saw them Aww)
So, I guess there will be a LOT more traders with supplies for thier bases, and destructible bases of course. My point is: What pierat fraction should I join to blow up some traders, PoBs and show my crappy RP?

Indians
I suggest:

Pirate ID - Waran

Guns: 2 EMP - 2 Energy

Turrets: Any

SNAC

NOVA

Suggest you not go full EMP straight away, it's a tough loadout for a beginner bomber pilot, the Energy's will help you deal with smaller vessels too.

Find some pirates, and ask them can you join them, any pirates, anywhere.

If you want a challenge and constant Navy ganks, try NY, if not, go to Bretonia or Rheinland, or the Omegas (3/7).

That's the bomber idea, if you can't be bothered with learning to fly it:

Pirate ID - Pirate Transport

2 Pulse Turrets
The rest Charons

Technique: Tank damage from trader's Dulzians, point and shoot.

Again ask other pirates if you can join them, they aren't likely to be in a transport ship, so you can tractor in the cargo from ships that won't pay and sell it for extra cash.

If you're aiming for the lolwut approach of "demand 20 million from empty transport". I suggest:

Rogue ID - Rogue Destroyer

Two Light Mortars
Full Rogue Cruiser Turrets

You might be able to blow a few traders up for a day or two, then you can enjoy flying it around Bastille with no guns, and can enjoy some crappy RP with the weapons platforms and mine fields there.
If you simply wish to blow people up, then a terrorist ID like the Xeno or Maquis one would be the "best RP" option.

The thing is, these commodities are now widespread and pretty cheap, so the trader is more paying money to save their time and allow themselves to continue supplying their base, which might not lend well to some's "just kill me" mentality. Hopefully people remember just how PvP dead they are when taking such a mentality (hint: very).
I'd rather suggest taking a faction ID and learn the RP from official players (the active ones: Hackers, Rogues, Mollys, Blood Dragons, Outcasts, correct me if I missed something, oh, Hessians). They are good at it, and probably willing to fill you in with the basics.
I think general pirate ID is bad for beginners, because of their lolwut "I pirate everyone I see" attitude, even the unlawful factions are beginning to hate them, so you won't have much friends to start with.

On Summer's remark: players might be willing to pay up, unless the pirate asks for a 10 mill demand on a commodity that worth 1 million.