Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Personal Infocards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wasn't aware of the ability to input personal ship infocards until quite recently. I think they're a cool idea, a great way of adding information about your chars and drop some hints or bits of info to spice things up.

Most of the ships I run into during the course of any day don't seem to use them though. So is this because no one else knows about them or people just don't really like them?

I set up my 'U' key on the keyboard for the /showinfo command, it sort of acts as a secondary scanner now.

I'd like to see more out there, I set a few good ones, but I don't think most players even know to look for them! I think these make good inrp ID's, or additions to them as they are now. So, personal infocards, yea or nea?

Feel free to post why or why not!
I used to actually, in 85, for Kiriko's ship, and my various other primary ships, however changing their name broke the info card, and when you are rising through faction ranks having to redo the card every time was a major hastle so i stopped.
I did it time ago with a junker selling bots/bats and other stuff, in the info-card where the prices. Sadly i think not much people uses/reads it. thanks for the heads up! Smile
It is a great idea, and I use it on a few ships that I am trying to build a story behind in the hopes that someone might read it and take the information into account. But, I think that the interface to be able to set up the info card maybe is a bit Non-userFriendly. I do not know if there would be a better way to do it though.

What might be cool is for say.....an LPI or other lawfuls to add a criminal record to a ship that has committed an infraction.. As in /EditintoTargetship. Ship suspected of smuggling, .....But ...now that I think about it, it would be abused to flame people and not for RP reasons......yea...scratch that...
Some might ask, "but how do I personal infocard?"
I just... roleplay my characters...
Pretty much what Dii said. Though them displaying your 3 most hated and 3 most allied factions would be a nice addition.

Something like the "card" you show to NPCs in the bar
(12-24-2013, 07:42 AM)713.dstryr Wrote: [ -> ]Some might ask, "but how do I personal infocard?"

Take a look here Smile
(12-24-2013, 07:42 AM)713.dstryr Wrote: [ -> ]Some might ask, "but how do I personal infocard?"

Well, I was hoping some would ask themselves this question, and thanks for the reply post as well folks. Anyone who might want help setting them up just post here, I can help with that, as I'm sure others here can as well.

No problem with just rp'ing the chars, but as I've seen in one example, you can throw in a little bio for your char, or ship itself, if you fly 2 with the same 'character'. If more people have them and use them, it would actually help drop a basis for the roleplay each character is going for.

I've seen people fly 'bar' ships and other forms of liners with non combat purposes. Why not throw in a little (ex) EST 817AS by joe.smith from the planet Manhattan, etc....throw in some stuff about your family or past dealings, and it allows for other people to say 'hey, so how've you been since your time in the Liberty Navy' or whatever.