Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ***IMPORTANT CHANGES***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Due to the various issues that the faction is currently experiencing we are going to be implementing some changes. Some of which may seem harsh but something needs to be done. If any of these changes affect you in a way that you feel is unfair, feel free to contact me over Skype or PM.

Now the dreaded news, Reaper has a plan of action and we've discussed it's outline. I agree with what Reaper proposes to do, so as of right now he has the authority to implement his plan. Think of him as supreme overlord (at least for a few days).

Have a nice day.

~DS
Evening, as DS has stated above, there will be a major shakedown in our faction structure, I'm here to give a bit of insight into these upcoming changes.

Before we start, let it be known that I'm hereby suspending any and all RP-based interactions/events/etc of any and all =LSF= characters in-game. I am also suspending any and all influence of ranks under my own and DS', meaning, the LSF Directorate is now obsolete until I say otherwise. Consider this as a faction-suspension for the next 24 hours or so.

Now, something like this has happened once before, when Ivan took the lead from Johny under my supervision. In the past few months I've been spying on all of you and the faction in general and I've come to the conclusion that yet another significant change is required. Although compared to the former change, this one will be more "severe" and significant.

The first thing to do is to get rid of anyone inactive-without-RL-reason. So consider each and every one of yourselves kicked from the faction, those who are active will be re-added to the new chat(s) under the rank of a primary Agent. In time I will be PMing each of you personally on Skype in order to reinstate any command ranks. This whole first process will probably take less than 24 hours.

Afterwards, there will be a complete restructuring of how we operate as a faction, including lore-changes, rank changes and more.

Please wait for a day (24 hours) before doing PMing me (or perhaps DS (beckz)) if you have not been added to the new chat, I will clarify your position for you.

I will give further updates when the time comes, but this will be the general plan for the next 48 hours or so.
Update #1
  • Info Sheet has been updated, useless stuff like details on caps/transports/etc has been removed.
  • The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is now mostly an inRP thing and the only real daily ingame activity it will have is for Agents in Training (our recruits). DHS' naming convention will be =LSF=Name.Surname.
  • The Department of Tactical Operations (TacOps) is now the mainstay Department that we'll be playing, your main characters will be a part of TacOps. Its naming convention will be =LSF=Codename.
  • The Department of Research, Development and Analysis (RDA) is now an entirely inRP only department and will exist solely on the forums with the exception of in-game Events.
  • The Department of Internal Affairs continues to be an entirely inRP only department and will continue to exist solely on the forums with the exception of in-game Events.
  • The Department of Logistics will continue without any real changes, they'll be what we transport stuff with, using freighters and transports.
  • The Ranking Structure has been changed back to mostly its original form which some differences. The main ranks (from junior to senior) are Agent in Training (AiT), Agent, Senior Agent, Chief, Director (Leader), these ranks are split into "sub-ranks" which exist for inRP purposes, these are (from junior to senior); Private (AiT), Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Sergeant Major, Major, Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel, Lieutenant General(2iC), General (leader).
  • There can only be one General which is the Director of the LSF, the 2iC will be given the sub-rank of Lieutenant General and will be selected from a Department Chief.
  • The title you use ingame will be your "real" rank, not your sub-rank. Example: Director Elijah Brand, not General Elijah Brand.
  • The previous psychology and structure of a Department Head "owning" a Department is now non-existent, different department chiefs head different departments only for RP purposes.
  • Roster is being updated.
  • I still haven't gotten to speaking privately with each of the people chosen to continue to be a part of the Agency, that will probably have to be delayed until tomorrow.
Update #2
  • Forum section has been cleaned, should be easier to navigate through and got rid of/locked useless stuff, kudos to Finn McModerator for that.
  • Roster updated
Update #3

Right, yes, I realize things have been going extremely slow, blame Christmas and the new year and all that.

Either way, I've managed to mostly complete the relevant forum-work in our section and have updated the faction info and whatnot to our new parameters, I've also spoken privately with the people I have mentioned before, there just one or two I've yet to get hold of but that isn't much of a problem.

As few of you know I've removed the RP Suspension temporarily multiple times in order to see if you guys were able to follow certain changes and personalities in-game, I was surprised to see that the few who were around at the time were actually able to do just that. Perhaps you only needed an asshole hardass looming over you the entire time in the first place?

Either way, as I have said multiple times before, I'm saying it again, check the announcement link in the chat topic to see the relevant information you are to send to me on skype over PMs. You have only two days remaining.. Once that is complete, I will be removing the RP Suspension period.

Oh and, yeah, happy new year, etc.
Update #4

Right, it's the 3rd, those who didn't even want to spend 20 seconds of their time to send the relevant information have been kicked (not you Internity). The Roster is now locked and will be accessible by members only, if you can't access the Roster, then pm me with your email (gmail is preferred), which brings me to a new faction RULE that you -will- be upholding, I'll even make it red, and bold.

You are NOT to give the player identity of any codename to anyone outside the faction, your reports will be done under your character's real name, not his/her ingame codename.

Again, this is a -rule-, if I find out you've been giving out people's identities, you -will- be kicked, yes, that's right, kicked, it's a serious rule. Only two people may give out any codenamed identities. That's myself and Beckz, two people.

Other than that, everything is mostly done, the RP suspension will be removed tomorrow night.
Update #5

So uhh, most stuff is basically done. I'm removing the RP Suspension thing now, others details will be given on the announcement board over skype and or just typed in the chat.

There are a few minor tweaks and a single major one (an operation manual) to be done, yet those aren't immediate concerns. I'll be keeping watch over your activities in-game.