Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer Companion 2.02 Crashes on start up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So yeah, i've just downloaded this and it doesn't seem to work. It keeps crashing and i keep getting this every time it works.

[Image: MlwnrNp.png]

I've used versions 1.17 and 1.19 and they work. Anything above and including update 2.0 doesn't work at all. Can someone help me?

Much appreciated
Same here..
bumping
Bumping
Use version 2.01. Version 2.02 doesn't work with disco 4.87 AFAIK

2.01 does pretty much exactly the same thing.
I don't personally know anything about FLcomp itself, however, to make it easier for those who to do help you, here's a few things you could do:
Try running it as admin
Uninstall, and download a fresh copy of the files, not just updating.

Also, when reporting errors, its best to expand the arrow that says "view problem details". A screenshot including that would be far more help to people who know about it than just a 'stopped working' dialogue box. I don't personally know if FLcomp has an error log, but I imagine it does, and that's probably got a line or two that would be useful to someone in-the-know.

To reiterate: 'stopped working' dialogues gives no information about why, and so no-one can help you aside from the basic troubleshooting.

EDIT: Personally using 2.02, not had a single issue, so while downgrading may cure the symptom, I doubt it's a program issue. Probably compatibility or somesuch.

EDIT2: Not sure how LFcomp works, but some programs run their auto-update check on startup, and if it cannot connect, might be hanging and not initialising the actual program. This would probably a firewall issue. Howwwwwwever, it's unlikely, 'cos... well, that's a stupid mistake for a programmer to make. I'm just saying, I did that, but I think Wizou's smarter than me...
2.02 is now working for some reason. Thanks for all the advice though. I just re downloaded it and installed it with virsion 1.19 already installed

Edit: Right, the program works but i can't seam to get any files or anything to show. Everything is blank. No systems show, no buy and sell prices show. I've ran it with admin but it still doesn't work. The Freelancer folder has been pointed to the Disco folder

http://i.imgur.com/LeR8tge.jpg
Right, this bit I can help with (Probably)
Go to Settings > Set Freelancer Directory
Then, find where you installed Discovery. It installs by default to in your User\AppData folder I THINK but don't quote me on that.
Oh, and it's the main discovery folder, which contains the folders "DATA" "DLLS" and "EXE" and some other stuff, not ther folder with Freelancer.exe inside.

EDIT: Where you're says %1 in the title bar, mine shows the version number (2.02). Again, I'm no expert, so I don't know if that means anything, but I'd guess it does.
(01-06-2014, 01:28 PM)Spiritar Wrote: [ -> ]Right, this bit I can help with (Probably)
Go to Settings > Set Freelancer Directory
Then, find where you installed Discovery. It installs by default to in your User\AppData folder I THINK but don't quote me on that.
Oh, and it's the main discovery folder, which contains the folders "DATA" "DLLS" and "EXE" and some other stuff, not ther folder with Freelancer.exe inside.

That bit here is what i've done

Quote:EDIT: Where you're says %1 in the title bar, mine shows the version number (2.02). Again, I'm no expert, so I don't know if that means anything, but I'd guess it does.

I suppose I'll try re installing it. Lets see what happens
(01-06-2014, 01:31 PM)Snoopyman Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose I'll try re installing it. Lets see what happens
I'd recommend uninstalling *all* previous versions before doing so, and the usual restart, CCleaner, restart bit.
Pages: 1 2