Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Scrap Metal mining idea.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, here's something. No dobut about it, scrap metal is profitable as it is right now, but I feel like a giant opportunity is missed with it.

Imagine this.
Add two minables to drop upon shooting scrap metal field roids.

One is our usual scrap metal, while the other would be something along the lines of:

"Recovered Sensitive Data" or such. In the form of black boxes, old ship tech and so on.
One such unit would have a drop rate of 5:1000
As in, for ever 1000 scrap metal, you would get 5 of that.

Depending on the location of the field, the sellpoint will be different.
If you mine the fields in Liberty, your sellpoint will be either Rheinland or Gallia.

The cost per unit could be around 1 600 000$. So for every 5k of scrap mined, you mine up 25 units, which would sell for 40 million.

But....make them illigal in house space. Because it involved the flooding of sensitive military data to your enemy.

Interesting?

EDIT: I am proposing this because we had minable illegal commodities, but sadly nobody mined artifacts, when you could simply buy them on Crete.
Interesting idea Smile

I did asked for something similar, let me try to find that post ...

Edit: Well not the same but here it goes

And read Aeternus answer in 3rd post Sad
With PoBs. they could be safely stored and then transported in cloakable ship.
Brilliant! Lawful money making with a darker unlawful possibility. I like this.
Interesting idea, I really like the thought of random high-value drops (was wondering if that would be possible before).

However, scrap mining in general needs a MAJOR overhaul before this sort of thing can be implemented, it's simply too profitable considering the risk of nothing.
See this.
(12-28-2013, 12:10 AM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting idea, I really like the thought of random high-value drops (was wondering if that possible re).

However, scrap mining in general needs a MAJOR overhaul before this sort of thing can be implemented, it's simply too profitable considering the risk of nothing.
See this.

There is a risk, they're the Xenos.
However, coupled with the fact that Xeno activity is Low, the scrap fields are too near the bases. It's impossible for a xeener to kill a Junker in scrap field before said Junker docks.
I am pretty sure the LNS would also sit in the field with the Junkers, regulating the stuff being salvaged. Perhaps add another drop on the house space planet, but for a quarter of the price?
Nah, all scrap fields near bases need to be nerfed, and a god tier scrap field needs to be added that is rife with dangers: Xenos and maybe Hogosha.

So how about we add this new God tier scrap field can be placed in Galileo? The mining rate could be large and the field could be placed very far off the lanes. On top of this, perhaps a base in a nearby system can buy this scrap?
And I'm sure the KNF would make sure a Junker base isn't created, teaming up with the hogs of they have to. Xenos would also get a delight in the extermination process.

Perhaps add a high sell point on Ames or another nearby base?
It could be newly created fields, preferable at places where big battles were held, ship graveyards etc.

Some RP purpose for those special items would be great.
i've created a junker for the purpose of mining scrap - and the collector cannot fire the mining emitter gun. does it shoot bass ackwards or am i missing something?
Pages: 1 2