Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Activity - January
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Well if you think the system is really broken, perhaps rather than criticising, maybe you should suggest something? (not that constructive criticism is a bad thing)
I can propose to revert to all the old systems we had - old tech system especially, or old pvp rules, or whatever. Or better - I won't do anything because I don't particularly care any longer. I wasted enough time on giving all sorts of suggestions, proposals, reviews and other useless crap that no one in admin team read\notice\take seriously.

Let them do what they want, it's easier for us all. Once this turn into unplayable crap I'm going to rest my cases and leave. Now it's barely holding with little to no positive progress.

Factions decaying is just a symptom of the more global and conceptual problems.
Wow. Wow. Wow.
This really strikes. Sad
As a player who loves official factions (and practically only plays tagged-official factions), this is bad news.

I think a broader approach than just "it's holiday time" has to be found.
The sheer number of dying factions shows that there is a need for a change.
(01-02-2014, 08:09 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. Wow. Wow.
This really strikes. Sad
As a player who loves official factions (and practically only plays tagged-official factions), this is bad news.

I think a broader approach than just "it's holiday time" has to be found.
The sheer number of dying factions shows that there is a need for a change.

Maybe finally restrict them or give officials some real bonus? Because at the moment, as an indie, from ingame point of view I can have almost everything what officials offer (actually more, because in faction you need rank for let´s say fly a gunboat or cruiser, as an indie I can have it instantly) except FR5 maybe (but does really anybody cares about them?). And without any responsibility, isn´t that great? I can do any nasty things because if I don´t break server rules, nobody can make me responsible for my actions. Even my official faction of my own ID has no control over me. And even if something bad happen, I can just rename ship and continue.

Try that as official faction member... You have to think about consequencies, you are limited in what you get in lower ranks, why should people bother to enter some?
Remilia is right though. What's even the point to stay official?
FR5s? Give me a break.

You have no control about what devs decide either, just like Kishiro and Samura suddenly ruining Munich (???).

The only things official factions gain is the right to be scrutinized about everything they do, and to be yelled at in a feedback thread when things go just as planned.

On the other hand, indies do what they want, without consequences.
Why bother?

Edit : Ninja'd. Pretty much what Laura just said.
It seems we have same thoughts...

Anyway, to add something constructive - why there can´t be for example double ID system as SCRA or Nomads have? As indie, you can get something, but you are restricted. You want access to everything? Then join official faction or at least obtain their approval and be something like "affiliated" member with full access.
Restrict caps to official factions.

Problem solved as everyone wants to fly them.

Then again, not gonna happen 8)
(01-02-2014, 08:26 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]It seems we have same thoughts...

Anyway, to add something constructive - why there can´t be for example double ID system as SCRA or Nomads have? As indie, you can get something, but you are restricted. You want access to everything? Then join official faction or at least obtain their approval and be something like "affiliated" member with full access.

been suggested. but the QQ from the "indies should have everything" brigade curtails any serious discussion pretty quickly.
Factions only die as a direct consequence of people losing their interest to play Disco and Freelancer in general.

We all should know the reason by now, as Disco somehow remains the only active server through a list of empty servers as you click 'Multiplayer' when you run your FL, and gets more emptier everyday.

If you can create interest in people to play Disco, regularly enough that they want to maintain a constant organization in the form of an official faction, do so...

If you limit people more into official factions, believe me it will not work better for you at all in the end.
Maybe admins/devs should begin to look at things more seriously, because there is a lot more reason to play an indie rather than an offical faction at times.
The way I see it, faction rights need to be completely redone to be honest so that official factions have some form of extended power. Hierarchies should be established.
I also think devs need to work a lot more closely with offical faction leaders, rather than make random decisions. Hell, the reason why some ffactions are on there is because devs are killing them with retarded mod changes. *points to omicron buffer systems*.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17