Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

My name is Emile. I am in college and i found this game by a friend who started to play it. I am not sure were i will start, but for now i just see how far i come. Does anyone have tips or tricks to make some money in a short time?

thank you
I decide to play gallic junker are there clans of this?
Hello

Welcome to this community and this great game.
Have fun.

ps; read the rules for this server
Firstly, hi.

Secondly, tips and tricks for making money fast. As this is a roleplaying server, your main goal should be to enjoy player interactions focusing around good in-character conversations, and not just money. Money itself is easy enough to come by. The simplest way to begin is usually with trading comodities. When you buy them, check the list to see how much and where you can sell them, and fill 'er up, and ship 'em out. With this, you earn enough to buy larger and larger trade ships, thereby earning more and more profit for each leg of your journey. It also introduces you to the cornerstone of the roleplaying environment, trading. You'll meet pirates who want your money (don't forget, your character will always value their life above their cargo) and police who will want to rescue you and kill said pirates. Almost everyone started there.
Just an FYI, the guy above me plays a great pirate. Yeah, he wants your money, yeah he'll kill you if you don't give him something, but if you act as if you've actually got a gun to your head, and your life is on the line, you'll find that him, and many others, are really good, honest people who aren't out to upset you, just your character. That's the basis of everything here.

You mentioned Gailic junkers as sounding attractive to you. On these forums, there's a subforum for player factions, the 'clans' you mentioned, which are all about people playing the roles of people within that group. Chances are there's one for the Gailic Junkers, although, I'm not up-to-date on factions myself.

A kinda mandatory thing to say to newbies: Make sure you read the rules, there's a link to the right of the page, and if you have any questions, even if you think they're stupid, just make a thread in the rules page and ask away. Most of us are happy to help, and it's better to ask for clarification than forgiveness.

Hope some of my ramblings help you out, and hope you enjoy your time here.