Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello all!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so recently i have been searching for a good space trading and combat simulator game and i thought of Freelancer.However i have done everything possible there is to do in single player vanilla many times ,over the years and i remember they closed the servers long time ago.

Boy...can't tell you how much i was relieved to find there is still an active Freelancer community and an extremely active online server.The mod which is a requirement for tagging along is not bad too.

Looking forward to having a great time in ''Discovery Freelancer RP 24/7 Server'' and also can't wait to explore in depth this mod.Cya in Sirius! Cool

PS: Yep,i am familiar with RP from my experience with WoW and SWTOR,so there won't be problems there.
Hello Kaedusz,

Always good to have another veteran RP-er sign up. Welcome to the server! Make sure to check out the server rules, and enjoy your stay.

The restarts (viewable by typing /showrestarts) can give you a decent enough ship and means to kick off with a faction, if that's what you want to do. Otherwise, there's a /restart beginner that'll set you up with a transport and a workable map to help you get a feel for things.

Best of luck!
(01-08-2014, 01:52 AM)Commissar Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Kaedusz,

Always good to have another veteran RP-er sign up. Welcome to the server! Make sure to check out the server rules, and enjoy your stay.

The restarts (viewable by typing /showrestarts) can give you a decent enough ship and means to kick off with a faction, if that's what you want to do. Otherwise, there's a /restart beginner that'll set you up with a transport and a workable map to help you get a feel for things.

Best of luck!

commissar, restart beginner is doen now. however, Kaedusz, I have a spare transport, and you are its new owner. check your private message box.
I just have two questions.

I can't wrap my mind around why the the hell does the Order still has problems with House governments ,police and military after the events of the vanilla Freelancer main story.It just doesn't make any sense.
At least they should be perfectly in the middle natural .Anything that comes close to the red color in the reputation tab is just something that i can't wrap my mind around.

The second question is about the Bounty Hunter's Guild.Again, it doesn't make any sense.Why would the BHG go to war with the Order.What does the BHG have to do with the Order.They basically have absolutely nothing to do with each other after the Juni and Trent story. The reasoning behind the ''war'' between the Order and the BHG put forth in Discovery wiki is so corny.Going to war with the people that saved humanity 20 years ago for some technology? i mean come on.... How did they even get to this part of space.Don't they have Corsairs and Outcasts to deal with... why do they care about the Order ,technology or not... like.. at all

If some Discovery veteran answers these questions i would be very appreciative.
I'm no veteran, but I can shed some light.

Correct, the houses are hostile to the Order, even after the events in the Nomad War. Despite this, high class intelligence agencies are known for making contact with the Order to deal with Nomad related issues. Not a friendship, but a 'contract' as to say. The Order is usually expelled for usage of Nomad technology, terrorism (Vanilla Campaign) and out of fear of the extremely powerful organization.

The BHG did make their way into the Omicrons, correct. But this branch was called the Bounty Hunter Guild Core and has become the main competitor to the Order. The Core, as they are commonly referred to as, are funded by all of the houses, each for perhaps different reasons. The Core can also be seen as all the Houses making a stand against the Order through a different body. The Core cares about the Order because they're the 'selfish covert organization that doesn't want to share their technology' and have basically been contracted to retrieve said technology.

But yeah, hope that sheds some light for ya, and welcome to Discovery!
(01-12-2014, 03:34 PM)Kaedusz Wrote: [ -> ]I just have two questions.

I can't wrap my mind around why the the hell does the Order still has problems with House governments ,police and military after the events of the vanilla Freelancer main story.It just doesn't make any sense.
At least they should be perfectly in the middle natural .Anything that comes close to the red color in the reputation tab is just something that i can't wrap my mind around.

It may have something to do with a past alliance with the Corsairs, and general use of nomady technology. In addition, the Order hates the House governments for funding the Bounty Hunters Guild, which in turn funds the Core, which is at war with the Order.
Welcome to our community, have fun and if you need anything just send me a Private Message.