Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: NPC Farming is not the way!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, after today's events, I'm inclined to remind everyone that farming NPC's out of little-known Faction's home bases is not the best way to fix your reputation. There are much better alternatives:

1. Drop missions for whichever faction you're trying to lower.

2. Look for bribes that might damage or help the reputations you want to fix.

3. If NPC killing is necessary, GO SOMEWHERE UNPOPULATED THAT THEY SPAWN. Nothing is more aggravating than undocking from your home base and seeing a high level player FARMING your NPCs. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Thank you...
Yeah, when I was farming BHG NPCs on my Zoner, I went to one of the Omegas for it, and stayed off the "path". I knew it was out-of-character to be doing so, but I also knew it was a relatively easy way to fix my rep, which is why I took it to where no one would likely notice.

I tried going with bribes for a second Zoner's rep, but I couldn't find a double bribe, and bribing other factions ended up horribly screwing up my rep with everyone but Zoners.
' Wrote:^_^

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8910

Great minds think alike, eh Dboy? :D

It seems that a lot of people have missed that, though, since this is the second time I have found someone farming directly outside Darmstadt, and this one stayed even after he killed me in extreme lag and then stayed after I told him how very rude it was to be farming NPC's outside a faction's home base. I was so very angry that I filed a sanction report this time, for OoRP behavior, but I don't think it will get very far...

My apologies for taking up sanction report space, if it helps any.... :$

PS: Lets not make this a trial by forum of that particular person. I know who it was here, and hopefully when he sees this he should know that farming NPC's outside a home base is a bad idea. If not, beware die Erste Fruechte, for that will not be tolerated any longer...
Jumpholes are your friend. I killed 100 GMG today working toward FL tag, and they spawn so much better at jumpholes than bases its insane.
I dunno, I kinda like people farming NPCs near Rochester.

"You! Gimme the NPCs an' 250k fer damages."

If they comply, 250k richer. Frequently, they don't and I cart home a pile of nuclear mines.
WEll it is even option that you destroy cargo pods near station. If you shot all 4 of them. You will get red of cargo pod owner faction. doesen' matter how green you are with faction. Those cargo pods will get you too red.
Oh, if only there were GMG depots that worked... FL tag would be so much easier...
' Wrote:Oh, if only there were GMG depots that worked... FL tag would be so much easier...

Personally, I really think this tag thing is the most ridiculous thing we have to deal with. For new players it is almost impossible to understand. We have countless incidents of OORP behaviour as a direct result of this.

What I would like to see would be that when I buy a particular ID, it sets my relationships with all other factions to those in the main game itself. ie. If I buy a Corsair ID then Outcast npc ships will attack me on sight. Also, Outcast players will see immediately that I am an enemy to them.

The only tweaks to be sorted then would be the RP-caused inter-faction ones. The basic and most obvious ones would be done.

It would be so nice to see any pirate ship automatically attacked by npc BS/Des/Fighter/Bomber ships when they dare to enter a lawful space. Much more realistic than finding yourself being pirated by an Outcast Gunboat right next to a Navy battleship that does not attack the pirate. This has happened to me and it makes the rp ludicrous. I also hate to justify, as a lawful character say, shooting down police/navy vessels or blowing up storage depots to adjust rep.

ID-whoring, such as a trader being pirated who then lands on a planet and buys a different id to make the pirate friendly to him could be easily sanctioned, surely? The places where the IDs could be bought could be made more limited and closer to proper rp locations. A bit of thought about this would make it much harder to abuse.

I believe this would make the game more believable, easier for new players to get going and allow experienced players to concentrate on the cleverer aspects of role playing. In short, the benefits would outweigh the costs.

Can it be done? The reason I think it may be possible is that we all automatically get reps that show Admin as hostile, so why not sort out the others?

Once the basic reps are set as per the in-game factions then the player can use the game mechanics (bribes and shootings etc) to polish the final result that reflects the rp for all the factions.

Thus: If I join TBH, I get a Corsair rep, which means I automatically get all the normal in-game faction reactions to the basic Corsair. Now in roleplay, for example, lets say that Benitez are currently arguing with TBH. I must roleplay my antagonism to the corsairs in that other faction, even though they are Green to me on radar. They are still corsairs, still my brothers, but we are fighting. It happens. What I don't have to do is go OORP to bring all the faction reps into line.

Sorry I've gone on about this, but I think it is important. If it has been discussed before, I apologise. I do find it hard to find a lot of things on this board...
I don't think it's possible without the source code to do some serious modding. The admins can manually change reps, which they do not do by request, but it is time consuming, and if it was done for every character, it would become a mess quickly....
Pages: 1 2