Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Discovery!
It's been a few years since I've had the pleasure of flying around Sirius.
As a teenager I started playing Freelancer from the day it was released.
After having played the Singleplayer about twenty times, I experimented with mods and ended up exploring the Multiplayer.
From what I can recall, I played on Asgard, Tekagi's and Monkey Universe before it turned a bit too fluffy.
Some of the old clans I flew with include the Red Skull Legion (before they all left playing WoW).
Then there was the Sirius Freelancer's Guild which was led by Gestoord who then ended up creating Monkey Universe.

That being said, over time I found other games but never has anything come close the the experiences I had inside the Freelancer universe.

I'm very VERY happy to see that there are still active communities like Discovery for this amazing game and I look forward to flying in space again.

I lost my previous copy of Freelancer and my Multiplayer ID that did have a character on the old Disco server (maybe 7 or 8 years old?) but apart from a "less legal version" I also decided to order a brand new copy.

Also a quick mention to Sindroms whos vlogs, tutorials and interviews I've been really been enjoying on YouTube!
Infexxion, welcome to our community. I suggest you read these rules Server rules. After you read these rules i reccomend you to download SWAG pack- Freelancer is much better with Swag pack than the default spheres etc. etc.(you got screenshots in that thread). If you need anything just send me a message.
(01-17-2014, 05:01 AM)Dr.Peter Venkman Wrote: [ -> ]Infexxion, welcome to our community. I suggest you read these rules Server rules. After you read these rules i reccomend you to download SWAG pack- Freelancer is much better with Swag pack than the default spheres etc. etc.(you got screenshots in that thread). If you need anything just send me a message.

Thank you Dr. Venkman,

I will take a look at the Swag pack.

Concerning Server Rules I have already been reading the amazing Discovery Wiki page for a few days now to get acquainted with the various rules, etiquettes, lore and player factions around.
Be aware that Wiki is not fully updated.
Greetings and welcome to disco!

in regards to the wiki. Much of it is outdated or incorrect (lots of the kusari stuff is several years old). The best way to ease your self into the rp environment is to join a faction who are authorities on your prospective play style etc.
Hi there and welcome aboard!
Greetings!

I also recommend the swag pack, but turn bloom off because it's too dark with it on. The increased res in the background really improves the look and feel of the game. Also the planets and suns look so much better!
Too bad the Wiki isn't up to date! It has to be a lot of work updating it though but there was already a lot of info on there.
I did find out through the forums Yanagi Depot was gone when I tried to search for it in Sigma-13.

So far I've already enjoyed some RP and fights around!
Welcome! Good flying out there Smile
Hello Infexxion,

Welcome - explore and have fun.

Any questions, just ask someone in-game, or here on the forum.

Enjoy