Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ships Texture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. Some of the server ships have no texture, they appear all white whit no detail. Is this normal or is it just me.
Thanks. By the way, these kind of noob questions should be posted here or in the help/support? The help provided there seems to be much more technical.:crazy:
Your detail settings are set too low. Up them and the textures will appear.

I think........
The BHG cap line and the huntress will also be invisible if your details are too low. (you'll still see the guns and light and engines)

Reinstalling the mod always helps the ''invisible ship'' problem, maybe do the same and it will help you?
I had this problem before, and re-installed the mod non-stop just to try to fix it. There's a simple solution

On your Performance settings, maximize "Texture".

Problem solved.

~Seanne
Now, if I could only figure out why Trains keep disappearing on me, even though my settings are maxed out...
' Wrote:Now, if I could only figure out why Trains keep disappearing on me, even though my settings are maxed out...

Did you do a fresh clean install before installing Disco mod ?

Often this problem appears when you've a messy/corrupt installation
or had other mods installed/activated before you installed/activated Disco.

Check that :sleep:
Apologies for raising this thread from the dead but I've experienced a similar problem. From what I can see this problem only arises on certain ships added in 4.84. Another user posted that it likely has to do with the texture being created under Nvidia Direct 3d and then seen(or not seen in this case) in-game by users with OpenGL ATI cards.

I believe I have one of these cards, specifically an ATI Rage 128 Ultra that came with/is integrated into the computer. The only changes I can make are by doing the following:

Control Panel->Display->Properties->Troubleshoot

There is a slider that lets you control hardware acceleration. It's turned to max as others have suggested, but the descriptions state that lowering it would correct problems with corrupt images. It doesn't make sense to me, but could lowering the slider a notch actually help or would it just remove the textures altogether? There's also a checkbox for enabling something called write-combining. The description states that it would speed up graphics performance, but it may cause problems as well.

Basically I was wondering if any 3d hardware experts could explain these options to me and let me know if any of them could solve this problem. If anyone has experience with the old ATI card I have, is there a ATI control panel I can get that would give me more options to up the acceleration?