Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello, Discovery!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody, I just joined a few hours ago and have been playing on the server since.

I only recently started playing Freelancer, and after beating the SP campaign yesterday decided to check out the modding community. I discovered Discovery (hehahaeh) and the huge amount of content it adds to the game and expansive wiki (which despite being out of date is still a great resource). I understand how IDs and IFFs work and I think I've read all of the rules pages so I'm ready to jump in.

I explored a bit, made some cash, and bought a Ravens Talon + equipment. I think I'll play my character as either a dedicated Freelancer, or eventually join the Zoners.

See ya on the trade lanes! *Raising glass of Sidewinder Fang*
Hello there after the rules this topic is must for new player:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=97737
It would safe you a lot of trouble.
The mod is in development beta stage between versions right now, the wiki would be automatically fully updated when the beta stage is over. In general the wiki is actual but there is no reason to work on it when a lot of things are subject of change. Don't be disappointed by lags and some issues they would go away after the final version I hope.
Also ignore zoners forever, join the Cannibal Spartan Crew of Crete instead, Zoners does not have spikes.
Hi there,Welcome to disco hope you have a great time with this bunch
Welcome! I hope to see Roleplay with you on the server someday. If you want a Zoner, heres a thread giving out some ships. Enjoy and again welcome!

Ships:http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=110057
Welcome! If you have questions, i'll answer to the best of my ability!
Heh I think I may need to take you up on that free ship offer, I believe I've just encountered a glitch with the new update.
I docked in to one of the asteroid mining stations in one of the omega systems and the undock function is, well; not functioning. Does anyone know how I could fix this or should I just /restart ?
Try typing /stuck