Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sometihng weird with the BB code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of months ago when i was writing up posts and wanted Bold, or quote, or whatever really, all i had to do was highlight and click the button, and it would put the tags around the selected text.

Now when I want to bold something I have to type it in. Thats not such a big deal, but for quoting, it loses all spaces and original formatting from the poster. That is a big problem I feel.

I'm finding it very annoying, considering how much I like to bold, colour, format, quote and brighten up my posts. I see it as a problem that needs fixing back to the "highlight and click button", instead of "highlight, cut, click button, paste, enter enter enter."

Is it a problem with my settings or with the background site?

The point and click method still works with colour, so i think it is on the board, rather than my settings.

Thanks for reading this.
' Wrote:A couple of months ago when i was writing up posts and wanted Bold, or quote, or whatever really, all i had to do was highlight and click the button, and it would put the tags around the selected text.

Now when I want to bold something I have to type it in. Thats not such a big deal, but for quoting, it loses all spaces and original formatting from the poster. That is a big problem I feel.

I'm finding it very annoying, considering how much I like to bold, colour, format, quote and brighten up my posts. I see it as a problem that needs fixing back to the "highlight and click button", instead of "highlight, cut, click button, paste, enter enter enter."

Is it a problem with my settings or with the background site?

Thanks for reading this.
Are you in Guided Mode? I never highlight and click. I just manually type it in.
' Wrote:Are you in Guided Mode? I never highlight and click. I just manually type it in.

Yes im in guided mode.

Right now I'm dealing with wiki stuff with other people. I want to pull out much in my posts to highlight them and to quote other people to respond to them.

For every tag I want to do, I have to do it twice, and it's easy to miss a tag. I dont want to spend hours writing my stuff (god knows i take a long time already) and double checking that i have an opening tag and closing tag for everything I'm pulling out. I hate typing.

I really really really want the old point and click method back.
Turn off guided mode.
Ahahahah.

I'm a noob.

Thanks Zero