Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Whomever it may concern in the Liberty Navy.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:: Incoming Transmission...Please Hold ::

:: Message Recieved ::

Comm ID: Tal Ravis
Encryption: Moderate
Priority: High

-A man sits at a desk, obviously distraught. There is little light in the room, but it can be easily identified as a hotel room.-

It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform you that my brother, and Navy officer, Hudson Ravis is hospitalized in a likely bad state after a serious accident while traversing a trade lane.

-He takes a drink from a nearby iced coffee cup. It is half empty.-

The two of us, with him off-duty and in a civilian vessel, were traveling from Baltimore Shipyard to Manhattan when a stray, likely drunk pilot in a Rhino freighter tried to speed past and slammed directly into Hudson's civilian shuttle, cutting his shields down in an instant and tearing the rear half of the ship apart. The Rhino was pushed out of the tradelane and made contact with the tradelane ring at high speeds, which had...killed him.

-He takes a deep breath.-

Emergency medical crews from Manhattan were the first to arrive, and pulled the poor kid out of the smoldering wreckage and transported him to a hospital on Manhattan. The bastards won't tell me anything about his current status, and I can only hope for the best, but I also expect the worst.

-He leans back in his chair.-

I'm sure the hospital has contacted you by now, but I just thought that I'd go ahead and tell you all, in person, somewhat, from his brother's perspective, if you will.

-He reaches for the iced coffee with one hand and shuts off the camera.-

:: Transmission End ::

:: Signal Lost ::
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: Captain Jane Hartman
TARGET ID: Tal Ravis
SUBJECT: Lieutenant Hudson Ravis
ENCRYPTION: Low
PRIORITY: Moderate

Mr Ravis,

Your brother served briefly with the Logistics Corps, and his absence here will be felt keenly. Fleet Administration received notice of Hudson's injuries just two hours ago, and we have since been tracing what details we can. Your brother's expenses will, of course, be covered by Defense in accordance with his status as a serving member.

In the meantime, we'll keep Hudson in our prayers. If you need to talk to someone, I'll see to it base councilors are made available to you. You've got the 21st behind you on this one.

Kind Regards,

Jane Hartman
Captain
Officer Commanding
21st Combat Support Group
Liberty Navy

Important: This communication remains the property of the Liberty Defence Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****