Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: For all you developers of this mod.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Somehow I have heard that the original Freelancer has around 5000 polygon count or polygons per each ship or something like that.

And I have also heard that there is a new Hook for Discovery made in 2014 which has 30000 polygons per each ship, meaning the graphics card needs to render the image of a ship in space 6 times more than previously.

I have nothing to say.

I have 512 MB DDR3 Graphics, 4 GB DDR3 RAM and a Dual Core 1.4 AMD CPU, and I can't run FL properly.And I believe some other guys have FPS and other sorts of problems too.

Hell, I can run Battlefield 2 on medium to high settings on a single core with 30-40 players around players around on a 64 player map.
Maybe this is the cause of the lag ? Maybe I have heard a lie?

Perhaps I am not familiar with this , and this actually has something to do with ship compatibility plugin or whatever it is or what it "does".
Or someone forgot to keep in line of this and enable all players play equally.

Some don't have 1 GB graphics to run the game perfectly ( I heard that this is neccesary ), some don't have 256 MB`s.Its not only that.

I'd like your opinion on this.This is not just mine problem.Its general problem.Other people have the same problems too.
Some may say , "look at this n00bin and what he is doing, the game is perfectly fine "

I also do realize you are very bussy keeping the server active and going, and I appreciate it.

Maybe an Admin posted this informations officially and I have missed it, therefore I will apologize if that happens.
You can lower the performance settings. All i think you need to keep is the slider of object distance (or smth like that) to half in order to see all the ships properly. I have ran the game on 512 ram and 128vram P4.
Don't install ENB if you have issues, other then that changes are minimal.
I always play on minimal settings.
800*600 resolution, 16 bit.
Still often have FPS issues.

And no issues with HHC mod on max settings, 1024*768 resolution.
Think about it.
I run Disco on an old Core 2 with a 256M nvidia 8600GT, in 1920x1080. The only time it drops FPS is when using thrusters (all those damn particles). That's the trouble running an 11 y-o game with old hardware, with god-knows-what version of windows and drivers... it's luck of the draw. My only suggestion is, try an *older* video driver.. I've had issues (with other games) that don't work so well with newer drivers, especially as Nvdia makes a "one size fits all" driver.

Oh yes, don't enable bloom. And does vanilla Freelancer run like crap too?
Quote:Oh yes, don't enable bloom

The best way to deal with performance issues! Also try a lower screen resolution.
I have a 3 gb card 16 gb ram and 8 core 4ghz cpu and freelancer still runs like crap 25 fps...
(01-24-2014, 11:51 PM)Galactica Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Oh yes, don't enable bloom

The best way to deal with performance issues! Also try a lower screen resolution.

How I can turn this off - I'm becoming blind every time I start the game :S

Many thanks!
Lol, you had bloom on and were curious about why is it so crappy?
Turn off advanced thruster and flame effects, that will greatly increase perfomance, too.
Quote:Galactica Wrote:

Quote: Quote: Oh yes, don't enable bloom[quote]

When you first install the game it gives you an option of enabling screen bloom just dont enable it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4