Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: First time offenders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I was wondering if anyone else believes that first time offenders of minor rule violations should be warned before banned.

I am talking about rules such as OORP Violations, cursing, Wrong ID, Wrong Ship, reengaging or any other minor violation.

It seems an instant ban is a little bit iron fisted, couldn't we at least get a warning and fine first? I mean there are a lot of server rules its easy to forget or miss one of them and to act so harshly against violators without any warning seems a bit unfair.

I'm not saying no bans all together, cheaters, hackers and people who are aggressively attacking someone verbally and what not should be punished harshly. But first time offenders of OOC chat for example, these long bans just seem power hungry...

Who agrees? Who disagrees?

Keep in mind most of us are not little kids and a simple warning should suffice in letting us know we are in the wrong. Ban by all means if its a repeat violation i believe.
Wasn't a thread of this orientation already made?

/ rant

First time offenders ye say?

Hmm... some of these might want to read Rules before acting and getting into troubles.. ehh

And most times the 'offenders' also get warnings from other Players.
They chose to say 'I dont care!' - and keep doing their deeds.

So they get what's coming to them by all means.

/ rant over
The Yoda has spoken.
Yep, there is a banner in-game poping each minutes... telling to read the rules

Plus, when you create a ship, you have 3 important commodities in your cargo (PVP rules - RP rules - History)

An Offender is never 100% innocent.
It is not admin's job to run after you and ask if you have done your homeworks.

However, I recommend players to try to explain the situation to the offender before bringing it to the admin team.
' Wrote:/ rant

First time offenders ye say?

Hmm... some of these might want to read Rules before acting and getting into troubles.. ehh

And most times the 'offenders' also get warnings from other Players.
They chose to say 'I dont care!' - and keep doing their deeds.

So they get what's coming to them by all means.

/ rant over

To get Yoda on the boards takes a very special post & I think right now your *ahem* urinating into a strong breeze.

I haven't reviewed your particular case, but I'd recommend just accepting the judgement & move on - your pride here is counter-productive. Read the rules again.
OMG! Yoda has posted! *faints
Wow, if you got Yoda to make a comment you really, really....really must be wrong.
Can I take that Battlestar for a spin Yoda? Pweeeese?

P.S By the way Yoda, say hi to LSF Evangelion now and again, you mute! You see me all the time!
"Warning? There is no warning. Only ban...or not. Yeeesssss."

Actually, there IS a warning...if a player sees you and tells you how to fix it and gives you the time instead of reporting you. I think a lot of people get that--you just don't hear about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5