Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: GC-OC nerfs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, we all knew 'good' old GC-OC nerf asymmetry. What is it now? Let's see the ship compatibility chart. For GC fighters one has 100% on everything even remotely close to allied (and hostile) to GC while red cell for OC guns. If one looks for OC fighters and GC weapons, one gets 100%. Combining with the ID chart, one has these nerfs:
GC ID, GC ship, OC guns: 10%
OC ID, OC ship, GC guns: 90%
And it is the opposite to the ID based nerfs GC ID, OC ship 90% and OC ID, GC ship 75% (and GC ID, OC guns 90%, OC ID, GC guns 90%)
What is the reasoning beyond the new nerf? Why the OC ship line supports GC weapons while GC one supports everything else but OC stuff?
Moving to proper subforum
Thank you Savannah for bringing this to my attention. I don't use Outcast tech but still. If my faction mates want to use our closest allies equipment then I see no reason why they cant. I agree that this is ridiculous
I don't use Outcast weapons myself too, yet some GC do, and the situation is strange indeed.
"Balance" > RP
OC guns were 'balanced', sort of, our people seem to use 'better' alternatives. Besides, more pvp oriented folk use katanas rather than blossoms (and the former is incompatible with OC weapons anyway), so it's very questionable to say the change is for 'better' balance.
(01-27-2014, 08:37 PM)Savannah Wrote: [ -> ]OC guns were 'balanced', sort of, our people seem to use 'better' alternatives. Besides, more pvp oriented folk use katanas rather than blossoms (and the former is incompatible with OC weapons anyway), so it's very questionable to say the change is for 'better' balance.

Blossom is far faster than Katana, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

As to why OCs get 75% cell on GC ships - it's like that with all Kusari factions. Outside of Kusari that tech will get 75% to balance out the tiny size (though that mostly refers to the VHFs only).

As to why shipcompact doesn't allow OC weapons on GC ships - it's just too OP. Even with 75% it's just too good. And I say it as someone who used to own an OC ID'ed Blossom with Krakens.