Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Been working on some starspheres.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I took the day off from Disco after getting bored of telling those sadly not gifted with common sense and rational thought to calm the heck down and/or that it's just a game.

What did I do?

Well, I started doing some starsphere work for Broken Bonds using a copy of the HD Starspheres Pack (which I give insane credit to Hunor for and won't actually release anything from until I hear back from him with an OK), photoshop, UTF Editor, and a hex editor for some of those tricky spots.

I got three systems done today -- one from each region in the game. Check it out.
Is it me or were you in a bad mood when you did those?
Would love to make a new section of Sirius with those, a highly miserable and unwelcome place.

With the appropriate goodies and killer NPCs involved.
Yeah, I wasn't particularly pleasant-minded, so I guess that helped with the dull colours. That said, Broken Bonds isn't going to be a terribly bright and cheerful game. It takes place at the space equivalent of the height of the Cold War, but instead of the USA and the USSR with ICBMs, it's a conglomerate of Australian space colonies with a lightly armed military whose gaps are filled in by different colonies' mercenaries up against the neo-Roman Catholic Church with a tightly-run fleet of uniformly-designed top-of-the-line warships.

Between the international situation in Broken Bonds and the internal political conflicts (Southern Cross's intercolonial bickering and Medicea's constant and often violently suppressed revolts and rebellions), it's just not a game that will have a lot of bright colours.
Wow, those are pretty.
Also I want to know where this mod is hosted
It's nowhere near ready for a release. We'll keep the Disco community posted though.
Good one Kaz.

Where do i Send Donations?
Is all the stuff in the mod going to be custom?
I thought Broken Bonds was launched ages ago. I must be getting confused and thinking the project announcement was launch.

Also, everyone should piss Kazinsal off more often. He seems to do good work when annoyed. Big Grin
If you want to donate to the project... well, we don't really need it as badly as discovery does, but if you're sure, our paypal is team@brokenbonds.net (which is also our email for any confessions of love or advance requests for permanent bans).

Yes, we're going to end up doing all new wonderful everything for the game. It's a total conversion in which the inhabitants last heard from the people who went to Sirius about six hours before the sleeper ships launched.

And while I appreciate the compliment, Meph, I still am not a fan of being annoyed Tongue
So when will these be Available For download?
Pages: 1 2