Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Buff the Startracker.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While most of the formerly 'el cheapo' ships have gotten buffed, and all of the 'Mk-1' ships have gotten the boot (much to my dismay, we should have gone the other way with that), one perennial favorite, the Startracker, seems to have disappeared entirely.

I purpose that it be returned!

What I mean is thus: It should be remade as a sort of Arrow/Hayabusa-esque interceptor/speed demon, with a fairly large cargo hold, mining bonus, and somesuch. Making it a useful 'jack of all trades' ship for freelancers.

As such, it would gain a niche between the 'lol' Starflier (which should remain unbuffed, for admins), and the 'Griffin Jr.' Starblazer. In general, it should be a useful ship, but not a frontline killing machine.

May want to do something with the old CSV as well, while we're at it. If it's still around anyway. I haven't seen any lately.
The Startracker can mount a cl10 missile (as only weapon mount).

I use it as kamikaze ship.

However, I agree on giving the CSV a reasonable purpose again.
The startracker is a forgotten ship that still has its bomber-level agility.
It's a unique model that's actually one of my favorites - certainly my favorite of the Flier-Tracker-Blazer trio.

In fact, the ship with the name "Karst" is my old startracker.
I'd love to see it as a viable MkII ship, and I made at least one thread about it a long time ago. It can't be very difficult to include it as a slightly lighter version of the 'blazer, but y'know....[insert cynical comment about devs ignoring community suggestions]

And yes, that thread is outdated due to LF changes.

Edit: Yes, it can mount both a missile and a CD. Doesn't really help on a ship with no powercore, armor, gun hardpoints, shield, agility, or sell points.
(01-27-2014, 11:13 PM)Ironwatsas Wrote: [ -> ]all of the 'Mk-1' ships have gotten the boot (much to my dismay, we should have gone the other way with that),

It's been twenty years since vanilla.

To borrow a real-world comparison, that's the approximate time between the first flights of the F-4 Phantom II and F/A-18 Hornet.

Keeping older models on the civilian market is one thing. Military, though, is entirely another. Frankly, the Mk2 ships should logically have new models too, but that'd cause even more forum rioting that I don't think any of us really want to deal with.

Also, I don't know where you'd put an expanded cargo hold on a Startracker. But eh, wouldn't be anywhere near the first time this game's abandoned logic for the sake of gameplay.

Edit: Oh, and last I checked the CSV can use two missiles, so at least there's that. It could use a more rounded buff though, maybe a Junker equivalent of the Grizzly?