Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I'm new around here.

I've had a look at the rules and stuff, but is there anything that would be good to know before I get started?

Looking forward to seeing you all in space Smile

- Crystal.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2334
^Would be good to read that.
I also suggest joining a trading faction, like IC| or OSI if you wish to make some cash,
Like I said, I already read the rules and stuff.... I thought it would be important.

But thanks Smile

I'll look into those factions that you suggested.
Hi,

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=97737

This thread would be more than enough to start off as a newbie.You will feel the rest of the things not included in there,that might seem pretty daunting or weird at first will eventually be more fun.And,yeah join any any trading faction.Apart from earning quick money(you can do that on your own) you will be able to interact with more people in the meantime and thats the best part of this mod.Afterall earning money is quite easy after a hard week or two.

See you in space Big Grin
Oh wow!
I'm bookmarking that thread!

Thank you.

There is a lot there..... But hopefully It'll make sense before too long.

I'd like to meet some pretty cool people... And the whole Roleplay thing does interest me (thats what made me look at getting the game in the first place), so after I get a ship built, I think I might look into something that I can do with that.... But I really have no idea!
Hello welcome to disco
(01-28-2014, 01:49 PM)Crystal Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow!
I'm bookmarking that thread!

Thank you.

There is a lot there..... But hopefully It'll make sense before too long.

I'd like to meet some pretty cool people... And the whole Roleplay thing does interest me (thats what made me look at getting the game in the first place), so after I get a ship built, I think I might look into something that I can do with that.... But I really have no idea!

A good way to start is by roleplay on your trader. Whilst you may be intent on getting credits, it doesn't hurt to have a conversation with the people you meet on your way.
Further on from that, you might find joy in roleplaying a house military character. Though, you might have to get into fights now and again.
So, a trader can stop and I guess roleplay like he would be a truck driver.... Kind of, right? He has to get somewhere... But he can stop and say hi and do stuff on the way? Military sounds like it could be exciting.... Is there wars and stuff here? Because that could be way fun.

I think I have a lot to learn.... Hopefully I don't mess it up too badly along the way... :|
Welcome to the madhouse.

You can find some stuff on my Youtube channel down in my sig.
(01-28-2014, 01:58 PM)Crystal Wrote: [ -> ]So, a trader can stop and I guess roleplay like he would be a truck driver.... Kind of, right? He has to get somewhere... But he can stop and say hi and do stuff on the way? Military sounds like it could be exciting.... Is there wars and stuff here? Because that could be way fun.

I think I have a lot to learn.... Hopefully I don't mess it up too badly along the way... :|

Kind of. I guess you could call traders galactic truck drivers.

Yep, Military stuff brings wars about. The Liberty navy are probably your best bet for wars, as they are currently in a conflict with both Gallia, Rhineland possibly even Kusari in the near future.
Pages: 1 2