Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Kumichō Kayo Chiba, Black Dragon Society
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...

[Image: 1a.png][Image: 7.png]

Konbanwa Kumichō Chiba,

I must say I am not fully aware how you have come to power in the Black Dragon Society and rose to the position of Kumichō. I do know that shortly after Emperor Jien Kogen's defeat The Black Dragon Society plunged into disarray and during internal struggle for power majority of the elders left the Society. I cannot even exclude the possibility that you are an undercover agent keeping the Society in check for the Kusari State Police or just the new government's puppet. Regardless, it is a way of civilized people to let the words precede any radical action, leaving a chance for a peaceful settlement, however unlikely it may seem judging from your actions so far.

Allow me to share with you a certain hilarious observation. Ironically, the Hogosha was our first business partner in Kusari. From the very beginning your elders understood that thanks to Leiden's location the Lane Hackers are the only available proxy to Manhattan's black market, through which you can safely deliver artifacts smuggled from Omicrons. This healthy business relationship bringing substantial profits for both parties allowed you to limit your xenophobic antipathy and overcome occasional differences and incidents. For years our Professorship cooperated with various representatives of the Black Dragon Society, including your predecessors like Hakatoa Yamota, Junichi Hideaki or Hanako Ayuka. Unfortunately, more and more acts of your unprovoked aggression occurred, including not only loosely affiliated unmentionable groups, but also members of the Black Dragon Society itself. That is why professor Brutus Clay was rather hesitant when you begged us for friendship shortly after Kogen's defeat. However, even then calm heads prevailed and we allowed Hogosha to continue using Leiden as a drop off point for smuggled artifacts.

This time our patience ran out. I will no longer tolerate any acts of aggression no matter how inept they are. This is the recording we received prior an ion storm hit communication device of our operative.

[|]Ishikura.Hideki: What are you doing here, Gaijin?
Trigger: Greetings. I am flying throught this sytem currently.
[|]Ishikura.Hideki: Your presence here will not be tolerated. The shrapnel from your ship will serve as a reminder to your kind to stay out of Kusari. Prepare yourself.
Trigger: Why? Defending. Are you still trying?
[|]Ishikura.Hideki: I don't intend for you to leave alive.
Trigger: When did Hogosha become like this?
[|]Ishikura.Hideki: Drug peddling gaijin scum were never welcome here.
Trigger: Well I have never seen you act like this. You are really trying huh?
[|]Ishikura.Hideki: Piece of junk disruptor, I knew I should have bought a train.

As of now all docking rights for Hogosha ships are revoked. Additionally, we have captured all your members conducting business on Leiden and confiscated their ships and cargo. Preliminary interrogations are being conducted right now, but let me send you one particular log.

[Image: 48.png]

I will await your response for 72 hours and in the event of no response I will take further actions based on the premise that escalation of hostility is your intention.

Sayonara,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...
...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...
[Image: hlogo.png]
Incoming message.
Sender: Kayo, Chiba
Message reads:

Konnichiwa Hunter-san,

Thank you for contacting me with this disturbing news. First of all, allow me to address your concerns regarding me being some kind of infiltrator special agent. I have been Kumichō of the Black Dragon Society since before Emperor Kogen left for Bretonia. The reason I became Kumichō was because my traitorous predecessor Ayaka Yuki had betrayed us and subsequently joined the Blood Dragons. After that heinous crime of hers, I was appointed Kumichō by majority vote by the members of the Black Dragon Society. I hope this puts any doubts you have about my intentions regarding my family at rest.

Concerning the request from Hanako Ayuka, that message was sent in accordance with my orders. Even though Hanako-sama is retired, his experience with foreign houses surpassed mine at the time, so I thought it appropriate if he were to contact you, rather than myself.

As for the hostile actions of Ishikura-kun, I must deeply apologize. He was only recently adopted into our family, and the encounter with the Lane Hackers took him unawares since he was not yet briefed regarding the relations between our two parties. He has been made aware of where we stand, and I can assure you, this will not happen again. Per his request, I extend his most humble apologies to you and your faction.
However, if your associates are bringing narcotics into Kusari, surely you understand that we can not stand by idly. If this is the case, at least make sure that you are not spotted by anyone. For both our sakes. We do not wish to raise arms against you for such little inconveniences, but we also have to protect the civilians of our House.

I hope we can overcome this misunderstanding and emerge from it stronger.
I look forward to your reply.

Signed,
Kayo Chiba
Black Dragon Society Kumichō

End of message
...uploading.data...

Konbanwa Chiba-san,

I am generally satisfied with your words, however, this time there can be no misunderstandings. We conduct numerous operations within Kusari. First and foremost we view Kusari space as the shortest way to deep Omicrons. Numerous of our smuggling vessels travel between Liberty and Omicrons through Kusari, usually taking our counterfeit software and bringing back Cardamine. Now you need to know one thing. None of these shipments are meant for Kusari itself. Our goal is to channel as much Cardamine as possible to Liberty. In fact, if you intercept any hostile Cardamine shipments within Kusari, instead of destroying the cargo you can always sell it to us. Additionally, each of our operatives always have a small quantity of Cardamine for his personal use. Besides smuggling we also conduct combat operations and cargo interdictions within Shikoku directed against known corporate villains.

Now let me get to the merit of the case. If we are to remain business partners I think that abiding following four points at all times is a necessity:
  • The Black Dragon Society will not interfere in The Lane Hacker smuggling operations within the Kusari space.
  • In the event of direct conflict of interests within the Kusari space The Black Dragon Society members will allow The Lane Hacker operatives to safely retreat.
  • No shipments of Cardamine will be delivered to any location within Kusari by The Lane Hackers.
  • While conducting operations within Kusari space The Lane Hacker members will act in deference to the Black Dragon Society.

I think that the second point might need a bit of elucidation. What I mean is that in a quite likely event of a combat situation, for instance our wing being attacked by Kusari Naval Forces, Kusari State Police or the Farmers Alliance you will not actively pursue our retreating forces. We completely understand your need to maintain reputation and public image, so a healthy dose of an overt verbal hostility in such cases is completely acceptable.

Tell me your thoughts on this matter.

Sayonara,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...
...uploading.data...

Konbanwa Chiba-san,

This is a reminder that we have still not received your answer.

Sayonara,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...
[Image: hlogo.png]
Incoming message.
Sender: Kayo, Chiba
Message reads:

Konnichiwa Nicole-san,

My reason for calling you by your first name is that you seem to be accustomed to that.
My apologies for being out of contact. I was needed elsewhere, and I was outside of Neural Net access.

The points you have listed seem appropriate. On behalf of the Black Dragon Society, I accept these terms.

Signed,
Kayo Chiba
Black Dragon Society Kumichō

End of message
...uploading.data...

[Image: 1b.png][Image: 7.png]

Konnichiwa Chiba-san,

I am really happy that we could came to an understanding here. As of now your previous docking codes are active again. I hope that in future we will be able to avoid any similar misunderstandings.

Sayonara,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...