Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lane Hackers TLagsnet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seeing as this is still beta and things can still be implemented I feel this debate needs to be brought back up. I have gotten input from sources from Skype to Teamspeak and I have come to these possible Implementations:

A: Lane Hackers will have access to Tlagsnet with in the system they are currently in including Boarder systems such as Kepler,Magellan,and Hudson.

B: Lane Hackers will have access to Tlagsnet with in the system they are currently in excluding Boarder systems such as Kepler,Magellan,and Hudson.

C: Lane Hackers will have access to Tlagsnet with in the system they are currently in as long as they are in proximity(5k-10k) to a tradelane including Boarder systems such as Kepler,Magellan,and Hudson.
D: Lane Hackers will have access to Tlagsnet with in the system they are currently in as long as they are in proximity(5k-10k) to a tradelane excluding Boarder systems such as Kepler,Magellan,and Hudson.

So what do you think? Vote and Discuss.
Honestly, I'm all for it so long as they're near a lane, and Ageira ID'd chars get a little ring-ding warning when it's happening.

Spice things back up with Lane Hacker and Ageira hostility.
Was actually going to suggest this myself but never got around to it.

I think they should, but only official faction members, otherwise it will be abused, every pirate in Liberty will switch to a LH ID.
Where is "Lane hackers should not have access to TLagsnet" option?

Because that's how I would vote.
(01-30-2014, 03:44 AM)mwerte Wrote: [ -> ]Where is "Lane hackers should not have access to TLagsnet" option?

Actually it's been made abundantly clear in lore that the Hackers have some access to Lanes.

Maybe a straight up TLagsnet might be a bit strong, but then having them only get warnings for say, the lane they're on, might be too weak.

But either would be somewhere within reason.
(01-30-2014, 03:50 AM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2014, 03:44 AM)mwerte Wrote: [ -> ]Where is "Lane hackers should not have access to TLagsnet" option?

Actually it's been made abundantly clear in lore that the Hackers have some access to Lanes.

Maybe a straight up TLagsnet might be a bit strong, but then having them only get warnings for say, the lane they're on, might be too weak.

But either would be somewhere within reason.

hense why I suggest in system only it limits them and nerfs them Police have access over the whole house why they would have the systems in their ZOI

Edit: When in system
This is suggested nearly every other month, but I do like the idea of the Ageira/LH thing.
Giving TLAGSNet access to Lane Hackers does make inRP sense.

However, giving TLAGSNet access to a faction that tends to engage in piracy is extremely OP. As a result the only ID that would ever be used for piracy in Liberty is the LH ID. No one is going to use anything else.

The only way I can see it working is forbidding piracy with LH ID and making them work with other unlawfuls. I remember a few rumors about Hackers selling intel to pirates so it makes some inRP sense. It's quite doubtful LH players will like it, though.

P.S.: Good job not providing a "No" option in the poll but having 4 "Yes" options ...
I suggested the idea about a month ago and I got similar answers. It would be perfectly inRP. It would be unbalanced especially towards liberty rogues. I like the idea though but some restrictions would make the thing usable while not ruining Liberty Rogues.

Here is my addon to the idea:

- Limit the LH Tlagsnet to 1-2 systems (you suggested that also)
- Make the Tlagsnet run on fuel (Could be the same as for large cloaks. 1 MOX / 3 Hfuel per second) This would prevent every fighter and bomber from using it unlimited but would still allow room for useful operation.

The fuel dependency would also be easy to implement with no need of weeks of FLHook coding.
Please. I'd actually log my lane hacker again.
Pages: 1 2 3