Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Strange bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone!

Since a few days I face a strange problem. It started when I docked at a station and tried to repair my ship. According to the game voice, my ship was repaired, but I could repeat to repair my ship all the time and nothing really happens. After that, I cannot depart from that base/planet/whatever anymore (doesn't occur on a certain spot), the server crashes. When I do not repair my ship, I can play normally.

Do you know what this could be or how I can solve this problem? Is reinstalling the only way? I'm using 4.87 with Update 5.

Thank you and have a nice weekend!
Can you give details, like which system and base are you in, and what kind of ship do you want to repair. Did you try to make the repair in an other base?
The problem occurs independent from certain bases, ships or planets. It's the same every time in every system. My ship is an Uruz. And it is definitely a repairing problem, because a few minutes ago I just wanted to quit the game after trying to repair my ship and the game crashed. There is no problem to do something when docked to the base, also after repairing (e.g. buying stuff or going to the bar), but as soon as I want to depart or quit the game, it crashes.
No idea?
Dock, sell your stuff, undock, fly into sun.

This should 'reload' your ship
Didn't help Sad
Maybe your antivirus deleted some game files as false positives. Try to reinstall the game, but don't forget to back-up your account first.
I think there is no other solution. How do I do a backup / what do I have to backup? I just have my multiplayer key. And do you think I have to reinstall Freelancer in general or just Discovery?