Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Make it mandatory that unofficial groups have a feedback thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've noticed recently that there's been a few unofficial groups who have started up in the forums but have voided making information/feedback threads. I feel that some of these groups uundertake actions that are harmful to server gameplay, but without a feedback thread no one can help point out and improve the problems with these groups.
I don't think this is realistically enforcable. I'd suggest that you just make an open letter to any group you have an issue with - I believe it's been done at least once or twice before.

Das Wilde's feedback thread is locked because it's easier to outright ignore people's complaints about their behaviour rather than even pretending to address them.
(02-02-2014, 06:59 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Off topic:
On the subject of group feedback, why's Das Wilde's feedback locked?

Obvious answer: because they're that awesome and do everything right.

Malicious answer: because they starve to death, due to lack of tears.

True answer:
(06-01-2011, 07:21 PM)Das Wilde Wesen Wrote: [ -> ]If you wish to provide feedback, my PM box is open, and I will gladly read any civil complaints, and act on them if they have merit.

On topic: I think it's one own's decision whether to have a feedback thread or not.
(02-02-2014, 07:10 PM)Narcotic Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2014, 06:59 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Off topic:
On the subject of group feedback, why's Das Wilde's feedback locked?

Obvious answer: because they're that awesome and do everything right.

Malicious answer: because they starve to death, due to lack of tears.

True answer:
(06-01-2011, 07:21 PM)Das Wilde Wesen Wrote: [ -> ]If you wish to provide feedback, my PM box is open, and I will gladly read any civil complaints, and act on them if they have merit.

On topic: I think it's one own's decision whether to have a feedback thread or not.

Cool, thanks.
The problem with feedback threads is they have a tendency to become flame-bait to the various ding-a-lings and riff-raff lurking around the forums, or otherwise get cluttered with nonsense suggestions which the faction has no desire nor capability to implement.

Making anything mandatory besides RPing and obeying the rules, for unofficial factions is a complete crock rather unappealing idea.

If you want to give someone positive feedback, just PM them or Skype them or something.
time was official feeback threads were a privilege, not mandatory
(02-02-2014, 07:10 PM)Narcotic Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's one own's decision whether to have a feedback thread or not.

Seconded.
Besides, do we really want to throw up hurdles up to say, a group of three or four friends who want to come join us and play here?

Much like most of us, they join quietly, and slowly realize this mod is a forum/ingame RP experience, and then get with the program, meshing with the greater community.
Telling them "they have to do this or that" is just a wall in the way of them experiencing the discoverse, in their own time - and then our little community gets littler.

In my long experience here, some of the mousiest and most hesitant players I've met, have eventually become some of the strongest, most balanced players here, in their own time.

Lets make it easier on them, rather than harder.

If you want to talk to them, reach out to them, and do it nicely.
It will pay dividends - promise.
(02-03-2014, 03:47 AM)Papa Oomaumau Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2014, 07:10 PM)Narcotic Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's one own's decision whether to have a feedback thread or not.

Seconded.

Thirded.
Its really upto the Owner of the faction.
Although any negative points PM"ed"/SKYPE"ed"/Thread"ed" to the owner, should actually be dealt with and suggestions should be taken into account by the Head.
(02-03-2014, 03:47 AM)Papa Oomaumau Wrote: [ -> ]Seconded.

(02-03-2014, 03:50 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]Thirded.
Fourth-ed

When I started here originally, I came into the community in my own time. It wasn't some draconian BS that did it, it was the players I was playing with that did.

It took a while for me to get the hang of it all & I did some really stupid things in the beginning on my own, but I can tell ya, there ain't no rule ever that can be made here that can draw anyone into the community more than a player that helps another player want to become a part of the community other than simply by good example alone.

It was cool people being cool at the times they needed to be cool that did it, & absolutely nothing else.
Pages: 1 2