Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Junkyard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The Junkyard
Inverness System, Est. 819 AS

- Open Market - Bar - Manufacturing - Equipment Sales - Repossessed Merchandise -

Basic Information

Operated by local Junkers, the Junkyard and its sister station, the Sigma Junker Guard Station operate in unison within the orbit of Planet Cannish in the Inverness system.
The Junkyard currently operates much like its older sibling, Invergordon Space Port, in that it offers a wide variety of drinks, goods, and guns.
The Guard Station, however, remains a private facility closed to all but the Ownership and a select few Junkers.

The Junkyard, as the publicly-accessible half of the two-station facility, currently operates as an Open Market that caters to local Junkers and weary travelers alike.
Well-stocked with goods, and with enough booze on hand to keep its own on-site brewery underwater for a week, the Yard offers a variety of amenities..
The Junkyard's Equipment and Commodity Vendor can be found here, and has more detailed item informations.

Commercial Vendor

The Junkyard is renowned for its varied and extensive Open Market. While priding itself on the sale of many materials, ores, and illicit goods, the station also imports a wide variety of commodities and offers premium prices to ensure that any trip to the station need not be an empty one. The following commodities are purchased by local vendors regularly:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Imports
-- Reinforced Alloy 4742 -- Robotic Hardware 1815 -- Plasfoam Conduits 6180 -- High Performance Alloy 880 -- Industrial Hardware 880 --
-- Hull Segments 4020 -- Plasmonic Metamaterials 3042 -- Food 1000 -- Oxygen/Water 500 --

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade Goods

-- Premium Scrap 6420 -- Platinum Ore 7842 -- Niobium Ore 7100 -- Copper Ore 6265 --
-- Raw Hydrocarbons 5905 -- Beryllium Ore 5100 -- Gold Ore 6240 -- Cobalt Ore 6500 -- Silver Ore 3420 --
-- Elixirs 1100 -- Tea 650 -- Hydrocarbons 840 -- Super Alloy 820 --

Equipment Vendor

The Junkyard proudly services ships of all sizes, from nimble Fighters and Bombers to Gunboats and lumbering Transports in all aspects of combat and survival.

Standard Equipment
-Civilian/Junker Fighter Cannon
-Civilian Bomber Cannon
-Fighter/Bomber Torpedoes
-Transport Turrets
-Gunboat Turrets
-Varied Shield and Armor Equipment
-Engines for all shiptypes

[Quantity In-Stock] CODENAME -- Buy/Sell Price
Class Nine CODENAMES
[19] WILD FIRE -- 4.200.000
[28] JADE -- 4.200.000
[10] TARANIS -- 4.700.000
[26] DIAMONDBACK -- 5.100.000
[21] BLUE BLAZE -- 7.800.000
[11] CLAYMORE -- 8.420.600
[32] SOLARIS -- 9.200.000
[33] PHOENIX -- 7.420.000
[21] GOLDEN BLADE -- 9.420.000
[15] RAGNAROK -- 11.200.000
[24] DARK BLOSSOM -- 9.650.000
[20] SILVER FIRE -- 11.900.000
[25] DELUSION -- 11.240.000
[23] KINTANO -- 12.420.000
[27] IRON HAMMER -- 12.600.000
[18] CERBERUS -- 14.750.000
[35] MEDUSA -- 13.850.000
[22] LAZURITE -- 14.600.000
[20] PROMETHEUS -- 14.420.000
[33] HEIMDALL -- 15.380.000
[33] TWILIGHT -- 16.000.000
[11] EXCALIBUR -- 17.800.000
[42] DEFILER -- 20.420.000
[0] ARCHANGEL -- 20.420.000
[9] DULZIAN -- 24.200.000

Class Six CODENAMES
[24] ONYX -- 3.200.000
[19] BLOODSTONE -- 7.400.000
[32] HAMMERFALL -- 9.800.000
[25] THORS HAMMER -- 11.420.000
[10] GUARDIAN -- 14.200.000

Bomber Class CODENAMES
[54] ASURAS -- 18.420.000
[23] HELLION -- 28.420.000
[15] AHRIMAN -- 40.420.000

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information for Player Interaction
-A no-fire zone of ten kilometers is enforced at all Junker stations within Inverness-
All clientele of the Junkyard [any ship cleared for docking rights] as well as non-Junker entities operate within Inverness as a neutral entity; ergo said Pilots agree not to interfere with the business of other Pilots within the system -- regardless of diplomatic standing, available bounty, or other inclinations.

Docking Rights

The Junkyard thrives as an Open Market, however the nature of business in Inverness has always been isolated and clandestine. Ships without previous clearance will not be permitted to dock and should contact a member of the Ownership for docking rights. Pilots unfamiliar with the Ownership should instead seek out local area Junkers for information, or contact the Junker Congress if necessary. All ships cleared at the Junkyard submit themselves and their authority to the current jurisdiction of Inverness--its local bylaws and vested authority.

Diplomatic Relations

The Junkyard and Sigma Junker Guard Station are both owned and operated independently by The Ownership. Most Pilots maintain decent standing with many of the local and surrounding Pilots as to ensure the continued flow of goods into Inverness. Members of the Ownership include a variety of Junkers, including some members of Junker Congress. Offices of the Junker Congress exist within the available offices of the Junkyard. The methods, goals, and diplomatic relations of the Ownership however remain separate from those of other standing Junker groups such as Congress or the Marauders.
Commodities are sold by the Junkyard on a Roleplay basis, therefore contraband and other illicit or valuable materials may be limited in their public availability in-RP.

Cargo/Equipment Requests
The Junkyard is open to contracts for specific equipment sales as well as the delivery of cargo supplies. Please post your in-RP request here, non-RP applications will be denied. No specific information is necessary, however non-Junker applicants should include something regarding their affiliation/ID.

Payment for CODENAME Weaponry Acquisitions
(24/7 Employ for Wreck Hunters everywhere)

Equipment Vendors on station are often looking to acquire specialized weaponry, and CODENAME weapons are at the top of the list. The Junkyard will offer to purchase most CODENAME weaponry, as well as select other equipment. We also appreciate not only new, undiscovered technologies, but loyal and frequent business. We offer to our wreck-hunting clients:
-Prices up to twenty-five million credits for known CODENAME weaponry
-A ten million credit bonus (atop purchase price) for any previously unknown (non-priced) CODENAME weaponry
-Bonus payment for regular clients who provide proof of sales (starting at fifteen million credits for the recorded sale of ten CODENAME weapons)

Please make any claims for proof of sale, or the attempted sale of a previously unknown CODENAME weaponry, with an in-RP post here.

Local Lore

Both stations were constructed as part of a two-tiered facility that was designed to be effective in a wide manner of specializations. Storage facilities, manufacturing, commercial ports, comfortable living quarters, and with complete security. The purpose of which was to alleviate the large yet surprisingly active Invergordon Space Port which was seeing far more Pilots and cargo than previously projected. Both stations were established seemingly overnight in 819 AS, leading many to conjecture as to the manner in which the bases were constructed.. as Inverness offers few resources or advantages besides isolation and privacy, and no suppliers or contracts regarding the project have ever been detailed. Rumors and stories regarding the stations' origins are in good supply therefore and are of great variety. One tells of renovated sleeper ships designed to move entire planet's worth of cargo, while another more far-fetched rumor spun the recent sightings of Order vessels into a story of nomads and alien fears. However one of the most imaginative tales originates from a Rheinland prison inmate who had been arrested as part of a former salvaging crew in the Sigmas that had been accused of piracy..:
"He had worked for weeks as part of a team bringing in scrap and useful salvage, but almost none of the recovered metals were being exported or used for repairs. A massive ship unlike one he had never seen would often be hidden outside of regular scanner range in the gas clouds above the old Yanagi Depot, resting silently like a sleeping giant, and after being led to it they would be ordered to deposit their scrap there instead. For the next few months, tensions between salvage crews and local Gas Miners along with other armed forces increased at a feverish pace for seemingly no reason, and then suddenly only weeks before the scrap fields had dissipated completely, a full-scale battle took place. Many vessels including both Gas Miners and warships had combined firepower at an unprecedented scale and were fighting heavily with the Junker forces throughout the area around Yanagi. To escape the fighting, the salvaging crew headed up into the gas clouds above the station, pushing on through more fighting without stopping to further themselves from the surprisingly large battle. Suddenly, above the clouds like a mirage, there was not one but four of the massive ships he had seen resting at the Depot, full of scrap. To his even greater disbelief, these massive ships seemed to be towing pieces of a large station, completely disassembled yet clearly cohesive when not apart. Before anything could be done to establish communications, an EMP blast from a nearby battleship had disabled the scrapping vessel entirely. The local forces however did not destroy the vessel or become distracted with the fighting below, and only seemed interested in completing the task at hand. Hours later, long after the massive part and scrap-filled ships had jumped from the system, the powerless scrapping vessel was overtaken by Gas Miners. Perhaps the victims of a large-scale diversion, the crew was apparently turned over as "pirates" to the local authorities.
This story, much like details regarding the stations construction or origins, remain without corroboration to this day. However, this and other tales continue to thrive as Junker operations remain veiled in secrecy, and the mystique of what feats they could possibly achieve through their unknown resources continue to drive the imagination of spacefarers and adventurers.
***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***
***CONNECTING***
***CONNECTION ESTABLISHED***

Greetings, I am Mr George Cavendish.
I was speaking to a member of the Congress just a bit earlier on today to inquire about becoming a supplier for your station. After a brief but informative chat they said that if I'd like to become a supplier I would need to apply for docking rights over this channel, thus why I am here. I believe that this could be beneficial to both of us, you'll get supplies and I'll get some credits which I urgently need.

So if your up for it here is some information that you may find useful:

Name: George Cavendish
Shipname: BroadSword.T3
Ship ID and IF: Freelancer *

***TRANSMISSION TERMINATED***
***CONNECTION LOST***
-=Transmitting from the Junkyard=-

Greetings Pilot!

Thank ye for your initiative, you will find your vessel BroadSword.T3 cleared upon the docking bays of the Junkyard. Please feel free to take advantage of our commodity and equipment sales, as well as excellent prices on numerous supply goods listed in our information.

Good flyin' out there,
-Aces

-=Transmission Complete=-
Greetings,

My name is Flavia Flocius, I wish to buy some Dulzians from your station, and to supply it with code weapons in future.

If that is ok I would like to have docking access, my ship name is Flavia.Flocius ID/IFF Freelancer

Thanks in advance.
(08-03-2014, 09:57 AM)filipgothic Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings,

My name is Flavia Flocius, I wish to buy some Dulzians from your station, and to supply it with code weapons in future.

If that is ok I would like to have docking access, my ship name is Flavia.Flocius ID/IFF Freelancer

Thanks in advance.

All clear Pilot, enjoy your stay
Greetings..
I have been doing some researches on some codename weapons with a couple of my friends. Researches need money and if we dont have it, our labs will be closed. A friend of mine in the Congress told me that I should apply to be a supplier of the Junkyard to provide some of my codenames so we both get the benefet out of it and I'm also interested in your high tech equipments. Here are my info that you required:

Name: Edmond Blake
Ship name: X.Munitions
ID/IFF: Zoner
Howdy,

I'm a Freelancer that specialize in acquiring special items of the... lethal kind. Id be very pleased if we could make an arrangement between us. I would be able to supply you with the deadliest weapons and i would also be interested in buying equipment from you.

Name: Chris Rulle
Ship name: Rulle's.Depot
ID/IFF: Freelancer
Hello there

I am a Zoner Phoenix That's looking For High end equipment and a good drink!
I Herd I can get both Here soo I'd like to request for docking.

Name : Aereon
Ship name : (\^/)Aereon
ID/IFF : Phoenix
Hello i'm a junker i'd like to reqest for docking because i want to get some cloaks and some weapons , also i'd like to supply the base with reinforced alloys and other things that base need.
Name: Mike
Ship name : Mike.Thompson
ID/IFF = Junkers
Greetings Mr Spade-
I´d like to ask for the docking permissions of these 3 ships

- Megavolt (Interspace Comerence) -Hauler
- Simon_Cathulu (Junker) -Hauler
- Helerwaren (Junker) -SHF

Thank you
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6