Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello Everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color=#3333FF] Hello everyone.....

Just bought a new copy of FL, as I'd given my original to Luke Sky's son (both Father & Son are on here).

Luke and friends have been playing on this server for a while, and I keep hearing how enjoyable it is, so I've decided to 'get back on the horse' !!!

When I used to play back in 2003/2004 (the early days) I used to role play on a non role playing server, which used to get me in lots of trouble with certain clans (I see that KoF are still around) :P

I've never really liked clans (except for when we invented the Kryt's), I'm more of your lonely disturbed alcoholic space freak, and in a total change to my original character, I'm now an older more reserved pacifist forced once again into flying for the large corporations.

This time I'll be trying to right the wrongs of my past, trying to help rather than hinder :$

I've still not decided who to join when I reach that magic L40, and I don't really care, as long as they let me explore this larger Sirius universe.

So..... I have to learn the game afresh, so please be gentle with me, and I'll see out there in the Black !!!

Regards

Hand Solo
Read the rules, click all the links in my sig, <strike>join my factions</strike> and we'll be best friends!:)

On second thought, just reading the rules and my stories (the awesome side-product of clicking all the links in my sig) is enough, since you said you don't want to join factions.

Oh, and your tag thing is broken. You forgot the [/color]:D
Welcome here!

Just buy a Freelancer ID to fly around buddy. That is what the NPC faction is doing:D
Join the Outcasts. Pirate. Make your fortune that way.

Welcome.:)

Don't buy a capital ship.
Don't hound the guy with *Submininal Message: Join the HG* pesterings to join your factions! Welcome to the server Hand Solo, I suppose that is kind of a funny parody and it's pretty silly, but I'll leave it at that:laugh:.

Anyway, welcome to the madhouse, make sure you read the rules here.

If you find your account banned, please check here.

If you see someone breaking any rules, report them here.

If you want to see a faction list, please check the post here.

However, maybe you're one of the people that likes to lead instead of follow. If you wish to start a faction please post here. However, don't forget to get the 500 million credit tax first!

Got the Roleplay bug? check the Roleplay Hub located here

And finally, for all announcements for the 24/7 Discovery RPG Server, check here for new posts on new info for the server and mod!

That's all that should help you get started. Enjoy your stay, and watch out for those evil penguins!

~Leo
Welcome matey.... follow rules, read forums and the most important enjoy the game! If you want to ask something feel free to PM any older member on this forum or open a new thread.

Oh, yes , ignore communist penguins threats!

Skoko
madness >> you cant ignore the communist penguins!! they are dangerous!! Dangerous!!

Welcome to the server, and have fun~
Thank you guys, have read the rules, and they're pretty straight forward, I think I'll enjoy the exploring and the roleplaying for quite some time before I start learning how to PVP again.

One of the guys above mentioned a 'Freelancer' ID, and I think I saw one in game yesterday (could have been a tag), so I have some questions:-

* If you buy an ID, does it automatically change your tag to the same as the ID ?
* If not, I can't remember any 'Freelancer' tag in the vanilla version (I've not played in over 3 years), how do get one ?
* Where do you buy a 'Freelancer' ID, I can't remember any bases owned by Freelancers (would Freelancers ever want to own a base) , where can I get one

I know I should find the answers to these questions myself, but your help will save me the trouble of flying under an unsuitable ID for my character.

And regarding my old 'friends' the 'KoF' clan, some of their pilots in game have actually helped me, and are engaging in some good RP. It's good to see that it's a different breed of players to the motley crew that I was forced to embaress on the old Wireplay server all those years ago.

I think I'm going to enjoy this server, thank you all again for your welcome.

Cya out there !!!

Hando