Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Oddball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello peoples of Discovery. I've been playing freelancer for about three months now, and I've been on Discover for about two weeks. I love this Discovery mod, its like an unofficial expansion pack to the game, and I would like to thank everyone responsible for making such a great mod.

I skimmed over the rules real fast, so you don't have to worry about telling me to reread them.

I understand the basics of rp. I want my main character Oddball to be Liberty Navy, and I want to fly the freelancer equivalent of a tank(either a bomber or a gunboat). My other character is just a Freelance trader, riding around in a Firefly, but I plan on changing this character to be part of the new French faction as soon as the next expansion comes out. I have also made an evil character, but I'm not to great at being evil so I won't mention him.

On a side note, this forum isn't exactly the easiest to join, it took my like three day to finally get approved by an admin . I finally got approved today, thanks Admin who approved me. So now I can post to my hearts desire and I can apply to factions like the LN.

-My first post, huzzah
Greetings and welcome! Since you already read the rules, I won't reiterate them, but I will mention this - the rules are based off of common sense and courtesy. I read the rules once, never looked at them again except to quote them in sanction reports. Why? Because I stick to the Golden Rule: do to others what you'd have done to you. And I RP and don't re-engage, too.

Welcome to the forums, click every link in my sig and read the stories and we'll be best friends! Yeah, there's a lot, but they're all good!
Golden Rule: Disco Edition: Do to everybody else how you'd like to be treated; however, if needs must, pwn the crap outta them and hope they can't do it back.

Welcome!
Awesome job reading the rules and welcome to Discovery! It seems you have a level head about you, something we need in these dark times of Freelancer, Discovery being the only light.

Anyway, welcome to the madhouse, make sure you read the rules here. I know you have already read them, but putting it in there anyway.

If you find your account banned, please check here.

If you see someone breaking any rules, report them here.

If you want to see a faction list, please check the post here.

However, maybe you're one of the people that likes to lead instead of follow. If you wish to start a faction please post here. However, don't forget to get the 500 million credit tax first!

Got the Roleplay bug? check the Roleplay Hub located here

And finally, for all announcements for the 24/7 Discovery RPG Server, check here for new posts on new info for the server and mod!

That's all that should help you get started. Enjoy your stay, and watch out for those evil penguins!

~Leo
Welcome Oddball. Hope you fit right in.:P

Having said that, join a faction and don't buy <strike>a capital ship</strike> anything higher than a Gunboat.
Welcome to Discovery! Just make friends, have some fun, and etc.

Remember, though, that Synth Paste is known to cause several adversive side effects. The most common ones are Teeth Discoloration (Purple), Hair Loss, and, in the worst of cases, Insanity. I would advise that you stay away from it at all costs (In other words, become a Farmer! :yes:).
*waves his paw* Hello