Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What is the crap?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm trying to fix the rep of a char I haven't played in months and these 2 TG guys come acting like the police/GMG all rolled up in one I told them back and forth all over I was fixing a serious rep issue

I even had a trader Tim something assist me with a $ transfer to help me fix the problem. Here come these 2 idiots chasing me into S-13 rule and faction lawyering they just DID NOT listen. they started to atttack me then ran into ALG base and continued lawyer. All I had the nomad turrets on the cruser elimenated and bought RH turrets. All I had to do was get rid of the ALG tag and nomad thruster.

[Image: th_10107_Server_police_-_110_122_411lo.jpg][Image: th_10109_Server_police_-_111_122_929lo.jpg][Image: th_10115_Server_police_-_112_122_594lo.jpg][Image: th_10122_Server_police_-_113_122_1005lo.jpg]

1. who are these TG

2. And why are they concerned with where I fix my rep and why I do it?
I know the [tg] are Zoner traders, I've met them on a couple of occasions and they were nice enough. One of them got sanctioned for rules lawyering (in a case where the other person got banned for 2 weeks), so I guess they just do?

It stands for Trader Guild, by the by, though I don't see any faction status proposal/anything for them.
Well they did kind of have a point with you bringing a rheianland cruiser into sigma 13 after all that has happened there. But they could have been easier on you after you explained what you were doing.

As for who TG is i have no idea
The treaty was only valid for 100 years, that is till 800 a.s.............it's 816 a.s. now.
I've run into a few TG guys on my KNF/Hogosha characters, most of them seem fairly nice - though I havent encountered these two before.

They are correct, however... you shouldnt be taking a rheinland ship into sigma 13 under any circumstances, especially a rheinland warship.
If you need to lose ALG tag, may I suggest the facilities near Dortmund? The ALG base at that lane hub offers ALG missions if I recall, and it makes things a bit easier and smoother. Oh yeah, you might want to talk to Rheinland Military High Command about your cruiser to make sure we little guys know what the deal is before things get hot. RMHC would be Virus, Kane, Dboy, Caylith, and to a slightly lesser extent Gronath... and someone else whose name escapes me.

However, it is by no means against server rules for an RM ship to be in S-13: it is, however, a violation of the GMG-Rheinland treaty (still held to be under effect according to Rheinland Government, although the news about it having expired prompts me to ask for a screeny so we can discuss it) and something that is not to be done lightly- usually the Rheinland Government will make an example of people who do it in order to save face. However, if you were repfixing and you made this clear to the other party, they should just ignore you provided you go back your merry way once you're done- rule lawyering is by no means right, and even in-RP "lawyering" would be somewhat unfriendly in this case.
I have no qualms against that since I myself have passed through Sig-13 so many times. Just the lawyering that goes on is ridiculous....

I mean there are some intances where a faction player will actually step in for a complete hostile faction and stort lawyering treatings for them. I mean one time the OC started screaming at my BH for being there one mentioning GMG diplomacy....*Rolls eyes*
I am [tg]Fredriko(dw) of the Traders Guild

The reasoning behind our actions in sigma 13, is that you are in a rheinland ship, with rheinland military tags in enemy territory. As zoners, and as I believe i said, we were trying to prevent war between the GMG and Rheinland - which are already hostile relations. Thus in preventing war we can trade more freely.

You can fix your rep elsewhere, why you were so intent on doing it in s13 i do not understand.

And its not exactly difficult to change a nomad thruster to a normal one is it? yet, right by berlin planet, with the wrong tag, and nomad equipment you fired shots on a tg trade ship, and didn't get your equipment changed. Yet the other RM ship with you paid no attention.

I understand that you were repfixing - but seriously, its quicker to shoot some ALG ships in Rheinland, and that would be fine, or bribe others there. I even said that to you!

Just don't enter sigma 13 and don't have a nomad thruster, is that too difficult to comply to? Seeing as everyone else was ignoring you, someone has to bring these points to light

Rheinland Military are forbidden from entering Sigma 13, to prevent war, war is something us zoners don't want, because it restricts trade. That is why we were bothered about you being in s13.
Anything relating to Guyton's GMG is effectively null. Ignore it, it never happened.

The situation with the GMG (vanilla) and Blood Dragons however is a bit more well fleshed out, lawfuls and unlawfuls do work together here and there (also see Bretonia with... everyone) but when they do it is in a very strained, under the table fashion.

And lawyering is never right. If a short nudge (via PM, never use system if possible) provokes discussion as opposed to apology, ss what happened and either A) file a report or B) put it here (with names blanked out unless both parties agree) and ask. DO NOT LAWYER IN SYSTEM. It ruins immersion more completely than anything else someone can do and never ends well. Don't do it. Ever.

EDIT after seeing Coriko's post:

You didn't explain why you went OOC in system to explain this.

The time it took you to type that is a lot longer than it takes to scroll out and start a PM talk- but since you did it in system, everyone else had to leave system or listen in and get sucked completely out of what they were doing into your legal ramblings. Nice work.
the person above the person above me has a point on which I agree

EDIT: damn you Chris!
Pages: 1 2 3 4