Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ok this is getting TOO cosy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K... now, i dont want to flame, i just want some clarity here.

Now, as i write, there is a big skirmish happening in Gamma between Corsairs and Outcasts, (which as usual i cant join in as i have the red lag demon) AND a keeper... now, hazard a guess WHO the keeper is there with.

I couldnt figure out if the keeper was actively aiding the outcasts or not - i did PM him several times, in a way that SHOULD have got a keepers attention, but i got no response... (or my red lag meant he never got the messages)

But this Outcast/Keeper thing is just TOO cosy and come on.. lets see the RP behind it, seriously. I know the outcasts have this thing where they have some reverence to the spirits etc etc etc bollocks but that should NOT entail the keepers suddenly becoming active military allies for the outcasts. As i said, i am not clear on this incident, i just want to be set straight here - because, on the surface, it seems pretty OORP, the keepers DONT LIKE humans, whether or not you worship them...

If there is some juicy RP going on here, lets see the links to it, because this seems just too much of a stretch and WAY too convenient. I was only half joking in that last thread, the Outcasts are allied to god knows how many people, and the ones they are neutral with seem to find convenient ways of aiding them - the sheer numbers stacking up is beginning to look like (dare i say it) a balance issue - the Corsairs simply cannot compete with that.
Yes yes, blah blah outcast are smarter etc etc ect whatever - on a game balance issue... this well....

"this smells funny, and i ain't buying it"

Enlighten me people.

I think nomads have taken over all the Outcasts--that would explain it.

I actually find it intriguing.

I have noticed Outcasts forays seem more frequent in the Kappas now.
I don't know what to tell you. There have been several Keepers hanging around Malta of late to the point where they have been asked to stay at least 10k from the planet. however if they do not there is not much the outcasts can do about it. The RP of reverence towards them prevents any use of force and so we generally ignore them unless the are "speaking" to us.
I was not a part of the raid but if it was mounted and a keeper followed along then the Outcasts would have looked on it as a blessing. Maybe the corsair have angered the Keepers by killing them. I do not know all i know is if a Keeper chooses to accompany a raid there isn't much we can do to prevent it. We could PM the player but if they choose to go we will not stop them.
I would like to see some role play about the increased keeper presence in Alpha as well.
Outcasts technically aren't Human. Sure, they're born Human, and they'll likely appear entirely Human, but they're a different species entirely.

.. I understand the neutral/friendly relationship between Outcasts and Nomads. They're both Outcast factions afterall, and would reluctantly share similiar interests on atleast some scale. I don't think there should be a Nomad/Outcast alliance but a neutral relationship may be okay. The Nomads/Keepers could partake in Outcast/Corsair battles, but to me it seems that any Nomad would engage both sides throughout the skirmish regardless of the neutral relationship with Outcasts. Nomads are likely always going to view Outcasts as being expendable, inferior pawns and so they should probably treat them as such.

I don't like the idea of Nomads flying with Outcasts, but the idea of them being tolerated by Outcasts adds a little more flavour to that area of space.

.. I don't think the Outcast/Keeper roleplay has caused any sort of "balance" issue as of yet, however. It's not like all the Keepers are there, fighting with the Outcasts. Usually there's one, maybe two Nomads in the system, hardly enough to "unbalance" anything. Still, it would be more logical for Nomads to remain on the "monstrous" side of things, and the Outcasts to stay within the "oddball/greedy junkie/psychopath" category. A neutral stance between the two sides is acceptable I think, but I don't believe there should ever be a point where you have Nomad/Outcast capitol fleets organized together.
I'm freaking IN RoS and I don't know what was going on with it!

They were stinkin grouped together, so I'd say they were fighting with one another.
' Wrote:I don't know what to tell you. There have been several Keepers hanging around Malta of late to the point where they have been asked to stay at least 10k from the planet. however if they do not there is not much the outcasts can do about it. The RP of reverence towards them prevents any use of force and so we generally ignore them unless the are "speaking" to us.
I was not a part of the raid but if it was mounted and a keeper followed along then the Outcasts would have looked on it as a blessing. Maybe the corsair have angered the Keepers by killing them. I do not know all i know is if a Keeper chooses to accompany a raid there isn't much we can do to prevent it. We could PM the player but if they choose to go we will not stop them.
I would like to see some role play about the increased keeper presence in Alpha as well.

So the outcasts are just fortunate bystanders eh?

Well, if its coming from the Keepers, who are a faction i respect - i would also like to see some RP here, because it seems OORP from them as well.

as i said, this is starting to look like a balance issue - it seems as i said the Outcasts have suddenly magically gained another ally....
' Wrote:I'm freaking IN RoS and I don't know what was going on with it!

They were stinkin grouped together, so I'd say they were fighting with one another.

Yeah ok that's a little funny....

The thing is, it is OORP from the Keepers point of view - their faction status has in big red letters "HOSTILE TO ALL PLAYER FACTIONS"... aiding outcasts doesnt seem that hostile. Again,i dont want to flame; if there is RP happening here can we see it, let us in on the story.

I say a balance issue because the list of outcast allies seems to just keep steadily growing.. and growing...... were all of those "allies" to swell in numbers of players, well, the corsairs would be....
disadvantaged somewhat.

I mean, im happy to find a way to make Bounty Hunters work side by side with Corsairs, seriously, if Outcasts/Nomads is dooable, how is Bounty Hunters (profit seekers) with anyone else not believable?
You see where this can start to seem a little.... well.... stretched?
I don't know where you get "magically gained another ally" from As i said the outcasts have always viewed the Keepers/Nomads with reverence and treated them with respect. From what i have read the Keepers view the outcasts as pawns to be used for their own ends. If their ends include killing corsairs why should the outcasts have a problem with that. The corsair surely were not above allying with the Harvesters for a raid on Alpha now were they. Yes there was RP behind it just as there is RP behind the Keeper/Outcast neutrality/alliance.

Fortunate bystanders we may be but if corsair have been killing nomads then eventually the keepers would take notice and act. I would ask how many corsairs actively harvest nomads to sell the stuff gained for a huge profit to fund their ships and other stuff. I am not saying it is wrong just that eventually the keepers would take note of it and react.
< wrong Place>
' Wrote:I don't know what to tell you. There have been several Keepers hanging around Malta of late to the point where they have been asked to stay at least 10k from the planet. however if they do not there is not much the outcasts can do about it.

All because I told one that Cardi was from a place we called 'Malta'

I feel special! I just got an entire alien race hooked! *dances*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9